I have been having issues with dizziness for over a month now.  I have been to primary care doctor who said it was vertigo and gave me some meclizine for that and then sent me to rehab after it didnt go away after the first week.  I did the exercises for two weeks at home and still no relief.  I went back to the doctor and they prescribed a steroid thinking maybe that would shrink the swelling if there was any.  That did not work either.  I am still walking around dizzy and feelig alot of pressure in my head. I tried doing sinus flushes thinking maybe that was what it was.  THat did not work.  I also had a couple of episodes where my right side would go numb for a few minutes and so I thought I was having a TIA.  My doctor said it was not a mini stroke because the cat scan showed normal on everything and so they think the numbing is due to pinched nerve in neck and that the dizziness is due to vertigo.  Now after seeing neurologist he thinks its migraines (even with no headaches) and has ordered MRI of the brain and neck.  Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and if so can you help me out?  I was thinking sinus cyst?

Health Advisor

Hello, stumpy36.

My uncle had similar symptoms some while ago. His condition was related with inner ear because he had ear infection. Have you been blood tested?  Just to rule out conditions connected with some kind of infection.

I think that MRI will reveal what is wrong with you. Maybe it’s really migraine, because of your other symptoms, like numbness and dizziness.

When will you take a MRI?

And why do you think that it has any connection with sinuses because you already tried to flush it? From my experience headaches caused by sinus problems occur over a longer period, not suddenly.

You could possibly have a brain AVM (arteriovenous malformation). I have this, but have not had any complications, but have read up for years about the symptoms and a few is that it can cause dizzyness & numbness. I am glad your doctor ordered an MRI hopefully they find out what's causing this!