I have a dilemma. Swimming is considered to be one of the healthiest activities, but is it really recommended if my heart is in a poor condition? I’ve been diagnosed with cardiac unrest and I don’t know whether to give up on swimming. Besides being healthy, swimming is a very demanding sport and I wouldn’t like to damage my heart. What’s your advice?

My advice is for you to go and ask your cardiologist because he’ll know. I don’t think that cardiac arrest is something that can damage your heart instantly, but in the long run it can have very unpleasant effects on your health. It’s primarily a stress induced syndrome and that’s what you have to pay attention to. I think that there is a therapy that you should take and that’ll help you. As for swimming, I know that it is really healthy, and my suggestion for you is only to be careful not to exaggerate and exhaust yourself. If you train moderately and stick to your medications and diet strictly, I don’t think that such an activity as swimming can be harmful.