Hello, folks. My brother has been diagnosed with infective endocarditis. He is good now and still on medications. However, I would like to know if people with this disease should be physically active. Should there be some restrictions? I would appreciate all your replies considering this. I hope someone will answer me.

Hello to you too. Since your brother is still on medications, he should be resting. I don’t think he can stand the same physical activity as before. Is he doing quite opposite? If so, you should talk him out of it. Tell him how it isn’t quite well for him. I don’t mean he should be still all the time. It would be best to consult a doctor for more details. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi, everyone. I cannot say yes or no since I am not an expert. However, I know when one is physically active, heart pumps blood faster and more amounts. This is some kind of overload for the heart. If the heart is healthy, then there is no problem. However, if it isn’t, then a problem may occur. At least, this is my opinion. Maybe someone wouldn’t agree. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!