About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I had unprotected sex for the first time with a girl that I have been seeing for 2 months. I don't believe she is very promiscuous at all, but I have never asked her outright, ad I'm afraid it is rude. Anyway, we had unprotected sex for about 2 hours, then 2 or 3 days later, the same thing for about 2 and a half hours. On the latter occurance, I found blood on my sheets and clothing and hands (just a little on the fingernails) that she could not explain. She said she was a week away from her period, but every once in a great while she gets a random spot of blood here or there, and acted like it was normal.

About 2 hours after we finished having unprotected sex the second time, she went to get a pap smear test (which only now do we realize you aren't supposed to have sex so close to the time of the test). Her cell results came back abnormal and are currently being examined closer. Signs pointed to HPV of some sort, but she has no warts that the gyno could see, and no other symptoms of anything.

Flash forward about 6 days from the most recent time we had sex (the time she bled a little), and about 9 days since the first time we had unprotected sex. I have come down with a very gradual fever and back/neck ache, as well as a mild mild headache. I have the chills and my lymph nodes on my neck under my chin are swollen on the right side. The lymph nodes have been swollen for 4-5 days, and the fever is new to today, but the tireness has been around for about 3 or 4 days. I also have a dry cough, but that was left over from a cold I had 2 weeks ago.

Can having sex, vaginal bleeding only 2 hours before a pap give a false positive result?

When I asked her if she had any STD's that she knew about, she said "No, I'd be really surprised and not understand if I did".

I'm really worried about HIV, and my only consolation is that I am in college where tons of viruses are going around, and I have been getting very little sleep lately (since we stay up often all night having sex) and I have been drinking moderately, so my immune system is weakened (which might leave me an easy target for the flu). What are the odds that what I have is a common flu or fever going around the university, and what are the odds that it is HIV?

Some HIV symptoms consite of:

1)chronic yeast infections or thrush (yeast infection of the mouth)
2)Fever and/or night sweats
3)Easy bruising
4)Bouts of extreme exhaustion
5)Unexplained body rashes
6)Appearance of purplish lesions on the skin or inside mouth
7)Sudden unexplained weight loss
8)Chronic diarrhea lasting for a month or more

now, I don't want to scare you, but you should really go see a doctor about this. Or she can go see a gynecologist's.

It could just be what is going on in bed,like she may be too dry during penetrative sex. But to be safe you must see a proffetional.

I don't mean to scare you but it does sound like you have it. I suggest you get tested as early as possible. I hope everything turns out ok.

I just had a ? I have some of the same issues...same circumstance...but I got the lower swollen lymph node...and the back pain..but the back pain I've been having for like eva...and mi tooth I believe well I know is infected so...I get the frequent headaches...which started on sunday..when I bit into this fruit n really hurt my tooth...and my body aches...but I can't figure out if its because of my toooth infection which can lead to fever..or if its something more...I've been to the doctor and he asked me..I told em its just lymph node and body aches...and I was told my body maybe trying to fight off something..other than that..no otha symptoms any ideas?

Hello..Im 15 Years old and had unprotected sex 2 years ago with a 13 year old girl(same age i was back then)..After that i cant remember having any symptoms than a burning sensation on penis head and some small red lumps on penis head which went away after some weeks...Now..2 years later i have formed a small brownish rash at the base of my penis..And i have small white dots when i pull back my penis foreskin..I also have some under the penis head but im worried about those which are in the whole area when i pull back my foreskin..I also ich frequently on my whole body and have some rashes on chest. I also form some rashes after i get out of bath on my legs...For the last month ive been getting sick almsot every day..With low fever..Please tell me what this might be.Thank you.

Hey,
I had protected sex on Sunday.. I ejaculated inside the women and the condom slid about half way up but it was still on tight. The day of having sex I got a dry cough and it still lasts till now (Wednesday) I had a low fever last night (Tuesday) with flu like symptoms of muscle aches. Fever went away during the day and now it came back again tonight. My mouth was also very dry for about a good hour. This is all between sunday and wednesday night. I don't think I've really had itchiness, maybe extremely minor ones. Those are my only symptoms and they are similar to hiv symptoms among others. Is it too soon to worry about having HIV?

I realize the original question is years old at this point, but for anyone who comes across this forum with a similar concern, I thought I would post.

If you are worried you might have contracted HIV, worrying does nothing. Testing does. Get tested as soon as possible. If you don't have the virus, the sooner you get tested, the sooner you can breathe easy. If you do have the virus, the sooner you get tested, the sooner you can get help.

If you have contracted HIV, you can feel normal and healthy for up to ten years even; lack of symptoms is not a reason to not be tested. If you think you might be positive for HIV search for testing facilities near you. They are always anonymous and confidential, and very much of the time, free.

Yes it is too soon to be worrying about it, you wouldnt notice symptoms for months...

I was worried about this at university because I was stabbed with a needle as a prank in a nightclub - yes I would still kill the person if I met them today - so I didn't have sex protected or otherwise until after I had an HIV test. You need to wait at least three months before having the test because of the incubation period. I found out that I did not have HIV.

A few weeks after being stabbed I had a fever that kept me in bed, and my lymph nodes swelled, and I had a rash. I was very scared.

I began reading online about everything to do with the infection, and each thing I discovered correlated with something on my body. Whether it was psycho-somatic or not I don't know.

But here's the thing. The chances of being infected with HIV are slim, and if you are worried about it you must just wait until you can go and get a test, then have the test. It's the only thing to do.

Anon,
I really do understand your concern, and the only way to know for sure whether not you're infected is to go get tested. As you said your immune system might be weakened. Lack of sleep is a common denominator for those struggeling with that. Suprisingly a lot of individuals also become "more" sick as they think they've contracted the virus. There are many viruses around in the colleges, but the presence of hiv in the heterosexual population is extremely low. The only way to know for sure is to get tested. I had the same experience with an american girl in college. got really sick a few days after we had sex, and I ended up in the hospital. Then my mind shut down for a month as i was thinking I had contracted the virus.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Anyhow,
Take care, and good luck.

Lind

maybe u can get easy symptoms cuz your early 13 year old and sometimes a weak immune system,if u look u can look for the hiv symptoms and if it match maybe u have cuz rash can be cause of hiv .....13 year old can maybe easy get a symptom than 20 year old+ so u can look

I think u may have herpes u nd to get it check out before it start getting worse

It sounds like you have severe anxiety. NOT HIV!

I want to tell all the people that had unprotected sex also in many cases protected sex that there's possibility that you may or not get STD , Many people have pass trough this stage were we didn't think  to use protection at the time we decide to have sex or even we don't  didn't have enough time to get to know the person we having sex. Please don't get suggested and torture yourself  imagine that  you have a STD  best thing you can do is to go to a place to get tested  take action probably its nothing mayor ! :-|

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY . THINK ALLWAYS BEFORE DO ANYTHING  ! GOOD LUCK

All viruses have the potential to give these symptoms.... Which is why HIV is not diagnosed by acute symptoms. Her abnormal test results are a strong indicator of hpv which has a 60% transfer rate... You probably did get hpv even if you show no symptoms (aside from acute flu like symptoms which could be anything) hpv is nothing to fret over most people will have some form of hpv in their life. In most cases the body clears/suppresses it with in 8 months to 2 years. Cancer from hpv is rare. HIV is also very difficult to contract with a transfer rate of .01% during unprotected vaginal penetration (some factors may increase odds such as blood to blood contact). Which is why they classify people as low and high risk. High = many sexual partners, injecting drugs, receiving anal sex (HIV does not hate homosexuals there is just an increased risk of 1% contract rate because viral material is deposited inside the host). Low risk = one time unprotected exposures to unknown HIV status partners. You are low risk. You probably do not have it. Condoms make HIV risk near zero use a condom.