Hi
6 weeks ago I have have been with a girl who's HIV status is unknown...
We did not do much really, we hugged a bit, and then she was about to give me oral sex, before I had known she had a big drop of her saliva fall on the side of my penis exposing it directly to her saliva, I kind of freaked out, I went directly to the bathroom and washed out the saliva... After that I put on a condom and she gave me oral sex... We did not have any type of penetration and that was the only way I got exposed to her saliva...
3 days ago I had some kind of flu and soar throat. Now my throat is not soar anymore but still feeling quite tired at the end of the day, and feeling some pressue and buring sensation in my groin area and soemtimes my neck, I have also felt some diziness. I checkd my lymph nodes and I could not sense any noticeable swollen nodes. I have checked my temperture and I do not have any, just some times it gets up by half a degree but nothing noticeable...
Now I am realy freaking out that I have caught HIV or some sort of viral infection. I realy tried my best to have safe sex and not have a risky sexual intercourse... Is what I am having is some kind of viral infection ?Could it be that I have picked HIV from the exposure I had ?
Please i would appreciate your reply.

you cannot get HIV from saliva! unless she had an open cut in her mouth that was bleeding and you had an open cut on your penis then i wouldnt worry about HIV!

go see you doctor and get yourself checked out - it may be that you caught something else or could just be the result of you stressing about HIV

Thanks for your reply, Her saliva did not seem to show any traces of blood and I did not have any cuts on my penis, but the fact of beeing sick made me really worry...
I was at the doc today, He checked my lymph nodes and confirmed they are not swollen... He Said it could be a stomach flu as he had many patients suffering from the stomach viruis lately...

Hi all
I have recovered from my first symptoms, but one month later I got through the same symptoms again after experiencing a lot of stress at work... My nodes got swollen, I have headaches and frequent night sweets, I have no fever, diarhea or but I am feeling often tired and sleepy... I have recovered my appetite after 2 days not feeling like eating...
I went to the doc and he told me that my nodes are swollen a bit at the neck and under the arm pits, he told me it is a viruis and we might need a blood test, I was worried and asked him if it could be HIV, he said no, why do you ask that , do u think u are at risk...
I am realy worried and confused now ... I need to get back to the doc for a blood test, but can't find the courage... meanwhile one week later my health is realy not improving, I need a long rest and sleep...