I have severe pain in my throat and ears, swollen glands on the side of my neck both sides, sore, puffy and itchy swollen around eyes and severe headaches. I have suffered from sore throats all my life, i am 53 Anti biotics given by doctor have not improved the situation. Does anyone have any suggestions please? %-)

have you had your tounsles removed? sounds like infected tounsles or somethig find out if your insurence covers the surgey to get them removed or ask your doc. of course and coating it up w/ drugs is not good in that situation and i recently got mine removed whats supprising you just have a soar throught but u can still talk,eat,drink right after the surgery in the room plase we;ll for me atleast slight sore throught for like 2 wks
but havent had a soar throught sence.........but if uve had them removed it could be something reallly bad....

no i dont think its ur tonsils. its probably extreme swollen glands. im 18 and it reoccurs on a very regular basis for me. best cure is a heat pack or hot water bottle, wrapped in a tea towel to avoid burning yourself, and lie down with it against the sore part of ur neck. for me its the left. its more than likely viral, so thats why the antibiotics did not work. ur doctor should have known this. the only thing u can do is take painkillers because antibiotics will NOT work on viral infections. the best painkillers to use would be nurofen plus because they are anti-inflammatry painkillers and they would be the best to use because the severe pain is more than likely from the thyroid or parathyroid glands in ur neck swelling and pressing against ur muscles in ur neck causing the muscles to spasm. u should take two the first time u take them and following that take one or two.... depending on the pain. judge it urself. every 4-6 hours. do not exceed 6-8 tablets a day, because ur body will become dependant. i recently heard that iodine tablets or a couple of drops of iodine in milk eases the pain. i have not tried this tactic yet so i dont no if it would work. but for me the pain is so bad i am willing to try anything at this stage. dont worry about iodine affecting ur body because it would only harm u if you drank a whole bottle of it, a ouple of drops wont do any harm to ur body. also the reason it keeps reoccuring is possibly because ur immune system is low, same as me. take lots of multi-vitamins and drink lots of juices. the healthier ur body the stronger ur immune system will be. i changed my diet completely because i used to eat so much carp, to be honest, and it made such a difference. i am more aware and alert than i used to be and i can feel and c the effects it is having on my body. i hope this helps you. x

Have your dr give you a mono test.

The symptons are swollen glands, headache, sore throat, and fatigue.

I have had mono for 6 weeks, and your symptoms sounded so familiar!!

I second the mono. i have it right now and I am awake at 6am due to pain in my ears, throat, tonsil, uvula, and lymph nodes.

hello there.
i am 100 percent sure that you have mono. i am suffering from mono right now and have the exact same symptoms. Swollen lymph glands, sore throats, aches and pains, swollen eyelids, all symptoms of mono. You should go to your doctor and get a blood test taken!

Well have you tried taking out your tonsils? If you have, then try going to your doctor, and taking a blood test. Then see what is going on and explain to your doctor your exact symptoms. ;-)

drink a lot of water and ith stoped the dizzyness

I have sore tonsils they are itchy, i have ear aches is this strip throught or do i have to get my tonsils tooken out or maybe its just allergies even though i have never had allergies before.

i have very sore, itchy puffy eyes, constant blocked nose and head aches all the time .. the pain and blocked nose is always on the right sdide. I also feel very light headed and very tired...Does any one else have these syptoms??

I have the same.