Bottom line this is what worries me. From what I've read online, peeling of the skin and redness are common with a yeast infection. But, those little red dots bother me. Only some people report having them with yeast infection. Could I just get some feedback, please?
hope this helps:
- 19 yo, first time with unprotected sex
- symptoms occurred morning after intercourse most likely, but weren't noticed until shower (~20 hrs later)
- redness under foreskin, peeling of penis head
- little red dots on outside of penis (NOT on head)
- itching only occurs with contact, (i.e. when i wash it, not really when im walking or sitting)
- this isn't my own picture but i would say to begin with my penis looked like this
Sorry for the long post! I am just very nervous, hopefully it will resolve with the cream but I would like a second opinion please! Thank you!
***edited by moderator***graphics not allowed***
Okay, i don't think you have herpes.
The pimples you see are just that, pimples.
The meds the doc gave you should and will take care of your problem.
In the meantime....always use a condom, none on hand, no sex, period.
I agree about the yeast infection; and actually, yeast can cause a red, pimple-like rash on the penis skin. Using an over-the-counter antifungal should clear things up, as long as you use it for the full recommended time period. Keep in mind that yeast can be transmitted back and forth between partners, so you should always use protection during sex. Using a penis vitamin crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) may also boost your body’s ability to fight off infection, as well as soothing irritated skin and helping to keep it clear and smooth.
Hope things get better for you!