I REACHED THE AGE OF  61 YEARS OLD AND NEVER HAD A WATER INFECTION IN MY LIFE, BUT NOW I AM HAVING THEM EVERY 6 WEEKS WHICH

ARE MAKING ME FEEL SO ILL

What is your question, Astria?   I will do my best to help provide some information to you.

The more information you provide, assuming it is accurate, will be helpful.

Names of medications you are taking and have tried, and any medical history you have will be helpful as well.

StewieMD

Disclaimer: The information contained in this post is for general information only. It is not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. You should always seek your doctor's approval before you attempt to make any changes to your treatment plan.

I take Dosulepin rampiril  lipitor  and buspirone but i have taken them for nearly 15 years so dont think they could be anything to do with

the  water infection, The water infection started a year ago and i have them every 6 weeks  the longest i went with one was eight weeks

the doctor  always gives me trimethoprim for the infection wich does clear it up This time he said i have leucocytes in my water as i have never

heard of them i am very worried this time

I would not be worried about the leukocytes in your urine, per se'.

Leukocytes are just White Blood Cells, are part of the "urinalysis" test that is done, and are the usual way of diagnosing a Urinary Tract Infection, or "UTI". And, these are certainly nothing to worry about, in and of themselves (other than from a diagnostic standpoint).

Just to mention, I might recommend that you try to refer to this condition as a urinary tract infection instead of "water infection" in the future, because some people may not be familiar with that term.

Because of the fact that your UTI keeps returning, you may have a bacteria that is somewhat resistant to treatment.

For this reason, you may want to ask [or even insist] on your doctor doing a "Urine Culture and Sensitivity" (Urine C & S) every time before you leave his office, when you have these symptoms, or at minimum, before you take the first pill of the preliminary antibiotic prescription he has prescribed to an acute episode. (doing this while taking antibiotics is no good and will not be accurate).

With this test, you just urinate in a sterile cup in a clean fashion, as instructed by the nurse, as with a urinalysis, and it is sent to the lab where they attempt to grow out any bacteria (or yeast) in your urine on a microbiology plate so that it can be determined exactly what antibiotic will kill the organism. Because many organisms have become resistant to particular antibiotics, and the infection may return. This can usually help to nail down the exact culprit and give your doctor valuable information so that he can make an "informed decision" in your care.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

Good Luck and God Bless.

Please let me know how it turns out.