I can see that my father is getting sick and tired of the constant dialysis therapies and suffering from hell, as he calls it. He is 69 years old and has been going for this treatment for a full decade. Can you tell me what happens if someone quits dialysis? I know that it is a very important therapy, but what will happen if he stops with it?

Well, if the dialysis is something he had to endure in the past years, that means that all other methods of healing have been depleted. And that means that you will have to talk him out of doing something like stopping the therapy. He will only endanger himself and cause further kidney problems.

If somebody stops dialysis they die simple as that

Hello there,

I am so sorry to hear that your father is having such big problems with his kidneys. Unfortunately dialysis is a treatment that is helping your father to clear all the toxic materials and waste from his organism. Since this is the primary function of the kidneys and clearly due some condition this function is weaken and his kidneys are no longer able to do this.

If he quits dialysis he will make his condition even worse and in the end this can be fatal. So I would advise you to talk to your father and his doctor, try to explain to him that at the moment this is the only way to treat his body.