Hello, folks. My friend was administrated to a clinic. Doctors want to run some tests. They suspect on pulmonary amyloidosis. I hear it is a rare disease and I would like to know something more. How is this disease treated? I would really appreciate all your efforts in replying me. Bye!

Hello. Pulmonary amyloidosis is a really rare condition. Manifestations on other organs are more common. You have kidneys, peripheral nerves, liver and heart affected more often. Lungs are rarely affected, especially in isolated form. I think that treatment of this disease is still under clinical trials. Some try with lasers and steroids. There is carbon dioxide laser that is used for this purpose. It would be best to talk to your friend's doctor and see what they think. You can ask for a second opinion as well. Bye!