Hello, folks. My friend was administrated to the hospital three days ago. Doctors suspect on pulmonary amyloidosis and want to be sure. I am not sure which symptoms he had. I would like to ask what causes this disease. I must admit that I don't know much about it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hello. Amyloidosis is a group of diseases that have something in common. It is a pathological extracellular deposition of insoluble fibrillar proteins in various organs and tissues. Various organs can be affected. Most common presentation is in kidneys, heart, liver and peripheral nerves. Lungs are not so common. I think that this disease is genetically caused, but I am not sure. Pulmonary deposition joined with depositions in other organs is more common. Isolated pulmonary deposition is not so usual. I hope I've helped you a little. Good luck!

Hello there,

Unfortunately after browsing the net I couldn’t find any additional information about pulmonary amyloidosis. Since I have noticed that your post has been written one year ago, I would like to ask you if you have find out more information about this condition. Your friend is probably under some kind of treatment, and they have probably tell him what caused this condition. So if you have answers to these questions it would be nice to have them, maybe someone else is going to appreciate answers.

Thank you in advance and I hope that your friend is going to be fine. Keep us informed and good luck to your friend.