Hi! My boyfriend has just come from doctor. His diagnosis is urinary tract infection. The doctor prescribed to him antibiotic and some painkiller. Does somebody who had UTI can tell me how long does a UTI usually last? I'm worried because this weekend we need to travel abroad to visit our friends. Thanks!

Well, I had UTI few times last year and I can tell you for sure that symptoms of UTI often disappear within 24 - 48 hours after treatment begins. But it's very important to know that antibiotics must be taken for the full course. If the UTI is not successfully treated, it can cause a kidney infection. Have a nice weekend!

I was facing this problem myself and I must say that I wasn’t that lucky. My symptoms are usually lasting for about 4 to 5 days and this depends how I was treating my body. My doctor was prescribing me different antibiotics to find out which are the best for me and this testing still lasts. Anyway maybe it would be wise to cancel that weekend since one time I was travelling as well and it was a nightmare for me. People in the plane were looking at me like I was a lunatic.

And of course there is no sex. It is too painful so try to understand him about this matter. And make sure that he drink whole course of antibiotics!