Hi everybody

I like many of you poor women suffer from chronic UTIs. I have done everything I can: cotton underwear, good hygiene, tons of water/cranberry, D-Mannose, I have been abstaining form sex to see if that works ... nothing is working. The problem is, I don't catch them before it gets pretty bad ...

The first time I had one was after a somewhat traumatic event and my health just took a nosedive. I ended up in the hospital because I didn't recognize this to be a UTI. I was just dizzy and nauseous and then got to throwing up and fainting. I was told in the hospital I had a UTI, was given a week of Cipro and sent home.

After that it was constant and it's been a year now. I get one every month, sometimes twice a month.

My question is, does anyone else have JUST nausea, some bloating and dizzyness and a symptom? The Macrobid I occasionally use works so it must be a UTI but these symptoms confuse me - I do not get ANY burning or urgency or pain, just the symptoms I mentioned prior.

Could this be something else....My blood tests have been normal for the past year, except that one time in the hospital where i had a high WWBC.

Anyone else experience UTIs like this? I never know the flu from a UTI and that spells trouble now....

Thanks for listening and I apologize for the long post!

Jun

I would never say that your symptoms had anything with UTIs, but I’ve seen similar thing happening to my sister few years ago. How did you managed to cope with this happening once or twice a month, I really don’t know, but I do know how my sister looked like when this happened to her, and it was scary. She didn’t have any UTI symptoms and she wasn’t told she had an infection, but she was lucky to do an ultrasound of kidneys and they discovered she had some sand in her kidneys and she was put on therapy for that. It didn’t help her a lot, her blood results were showing that she does have an infection and it took another few months for it to be confirmed that it’s her kidneys that are infected. So, maybe you really should try to get a second opinion on this, because symptoms are far too heavy for UTI.

Jun,
I also ended up hospitalized with bacteria in my blood because I didn't have symptoms until I got the dizzy, nausea etc. I have since had pelvic therapy to soften my tissue in the urethra area and at least now I can feel the burning and pulling signals my body gives me when I'm having a UTI.

I hav had several recurring Uti's as well since I was 17 and got in a bad car wreck. I am now 22 and I hav a really bad uti and so my dr is referring me to a urologist. Did ur dr ever send u to a specialist or tell u what was causing ur recurrent bladder infections? My nausea is real bad, I've dropped 10 lbs and I am also beyond exhausted but yet I hav trouble sleeping. Did u hav n e trouble other than the nausea and dizzy spells?

My very first UTI had nearly all the symptoms of a kidney stone. Abdominal pain instead of back pain being the only exception, and other than frequent urination/urges to go I had NO other symptoms of UTI at all! I ended up in prompt care from pains in my hip area bad enough it made me nausious but other than that it started out as if I had normal monthly cramps.

Honey, I feel your pain, let me tell you! I've been prone to UTI's most of my life (I'm 39 now) & I don't always get the classic UTI symptoms either. In fact, I have a very stubborn UTI right now & I've been fighting it for a month! This is my third course of antibiotics for this infection! MY tell-tale UTI signs are that I suddenly get very, VERY tired (exhausted!) & I get extremely cold. I actually get the chills & feel very cold. I will also get abdominal bloating, weakness, sometimes feel shaky, & also sometimes nauseous. I often DO get the classic burning, stinging pain upon urination but I almost never get the urgency. I DO get bladder pain/discomfort & I'll sometimes even get a yucky, icky feeling in my back under my kidneys & I'll often get throbbing sensations back there too. I envy those females who have never had a UTI in their life! Many of my co-workers have never had one!!! Have you looked into Interstitial Cystitis? Hopefully you don't have that though. Ugh. So, yeah...I don't always get the typical symptoms either. I will say that my infections almost always come on VERY suddenly! :(

I know this is an old post, but this happened to me last night. I got so dizzy to the point where I nearly passed out. Had been having nausea and a lot of vomiting throughout the day. Went to the ER last night dehydrated and was found to have a UTI. I wasn't having the typical symptoms. My urine wasn't frothy or dark. No fever. ER doctor put me on Sulpha. So no, you are not alone with having weird symptoms.

I get other symptoms like flank pain, uncomfortable feeling in my chest and low blood pressure. I also have interstitial cystitis....painful bladder syndrome. If you get frequent UTI s you should get evaluated for it...if you have it cranberry juice and acidity this make your bladder worse!! Wishing you are well!!!

Hi so here's what happened yesterday
I'm a 27 year old female, good shape overall healthy , 5*2,123 pounds

Was diagnosed with a uti last night at the emergency room, I thought I was having appendicitis, nope just another uti which is at least twice a year for me but until this one I never even had pain or discomfort none that I remember, visible crazy thing was a pulsating sensation around bellybutton to the point it was visible, my pee and potty breaks have been more frequent the last week but no alarms that I had a uti, but will add no appetite what so ever and also having wierd muscle spasms like baby phantom kicks in abdomen which I've been having since I had my son whose eighteen months now, not sexually active so didn't pay it no mind then out of nowhere yesterday started having lower abdominal cramps within nine hours they settled into my right lower abdomen right near the hip wear appendix are then accompanied by burning sensation in my bellybutton area so stabbing pains lower right, burning at the top, and let's not forget the sudden nausea, fatigue, dizziness so at the er they collected urine and diagnosed me with a uti a round of Cypro and Tylenol... 24 hours later the pain has died down alot but is still there just a non stop dull pain but tolerable.. But I've had no urinary issues, no vomiting or fever and early this morning had the craziest muscle spasm radiate to the top of my abdomen above the bellybutton and it was like a lump bulging I didn't look at it lol was honestly scared felt like a firm but yet mushy if that makes since plum which I massaged back into the abdomen... I know wierd right??!! Oh and got my appetite back no problem but seems to flare these pains and spasms up a little. I'm now and then was fine standing, hurts to bend, feel pains more while laying down and it's even worse setting. And I've had acute renal failure before and only difference now is I'm not puking everywhere and no fever which were the only two things I had going on then.

Anyone share any of these odd symptoms everything I read into fits alot better than uti

UTI symptoms must be unique to the individual. My symptoms range from pressure, bloating, and urgency(no burning, ever) to lower back pain, kidney pain and exhaustion. Self diagnosing, I would say it's caused by intercourse, sugar intake, and stress levels, singularly or a combination of any of the previous. After enduring 8 rounds of antibiotics over the course of 1 year, I have found kefir(coconut base yogurt), Inner-Eco probiotic coconut water, and kombucha to work best for me. I look for the lowest sugar varieties of kefir and kombucha. I have not had to do another round of antibiotics since I started using the all-natural methods listed above. This is not a recommendation for treatment, rather a suggestion for those who would like to try something different.

I am 73 yeas old and just went through an event that really scared me. the symptoms were, dizziness, throwing up, muscle weakness, blurred vision, dry mouth and seizure like attacks that started and stopped . this went on for an hour before my husband took me to the ER where I was told I had a UTI and was dehydrated . I had no stomach pain or pain while urinating. I was shocked to know this could happen because of a UTI and will see my doctor soon for an explanation, but women should know these symptoms are real and what to do. it's very scary to go through for everyone when you don't know the facts.

I too have frequent UTI's but my symptoms vary. Once my only symptoms was spasms and I had no idea what was wrong. But almost always, I get short of breath and weak. Sometimes I don't realize what is wrong until I wake with lower back pain. But the burning almost never happens. Most of the text come back negative in the office and then when dr sends out for culture, it comes back positive. Just such a hassle!

I have drug resistant bladder infections. I do have the mesh and cant get anyone to remove. I have had many prolonged and severe infections since the surgery. This time was losing balance and felt confused and, hands and feet painfully numb. I have had 4 rounds of antibiotics and they havent worked. I have developed serious allergies to the main antibiotics that cultures indicated would be effective. Many times with bladder infection I have wound up with pneumonia also. Cant find where the meds are causing the strange side effects or if the prolonged infections are causing the problems. I cant find the answers anywhere and the doctors seem to be covering their ass for using the mesh when I didnt need it and had gone in to have a portion of my colon removed. It felt like the doctors just decided that they;d do these things while they were in the area.. like removing my ovaries because I'd already had a hysterectomy. I have spent so much time in the hospital since that surgery where they decided to do un-needed procedures while taking care of a problem with my colon. Begining to think their money grabbing unnecessary use of tacking up my bladder with mesh will kill me.

Get a urologist ASAP! Having to get recurrent UTIs in a month is a sign of needing either surgery or medication. I am an RN here in California, and I think having UTI for many times and constantly being on antibiotic for a long time may cause harm to your health, may be acute or chronic. ANTIBIOTICS are not allowed to be used daily unlike hypertension meds. Your facing major side effects. Goodluck

I, too, suffer with mesh, having had 5 revision surgeries. I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Two days ago, I started having cramping in my bladder and back hurting. Now, I am feeling cold and have slight burning but no urgency. I'm scared that the mesh has moved and done damage to my bladder. I hope you are on the mend. The word mesh makes me sick to my stomach. It has forever changed my life for the worse.