Is it possible that my son, 16 months has UTI even though we’ve got negative urinalysis? He has symptoms and I am sure that he needs treatment.

You may be right, I’ve read that up to 50% of children with UTIs can have a false negative urinalysis, so In children younger than 2-years-old, a negative urinalysis does not rule out a urinary tract infection.Most consider young girls to be at the highest risk for UTI, except for the neonatal period, when neonatal boys actually have a higher risk than girls. Children with UTIs are managed differently based on the age. In well appearing children, this infection can be treated as an outpatient with oral antibiotics.

It is possible but you will have trouble to convince his pediatrician to prescribe him an antibiotics if he doesn’t share your opinion. Either ask his pediatrician to re do urine analysis (everything is possible) or try to talk with him to find some good solution. I believe that on your own you can try with some herbal teas and some cranberry products. Of course you must say (when you were buying this supplements in a herbal pharmacy) how old is your son and why do you need this.

Cranberry juice and cranberry tea is beneficial for all kinds of urinary issues so go with this, it can’t harm. And of course let us know about his condition and how did you solve the problem.