Hi! Two days ago I started to feel pain in my lower stomach and had to go to pee every 15 minutes. I went to doctor and he said that I had urinary tract infection. He prescribed to me antibiotic. Yesterday I took one pill and after few hours I was ok. I’m asking will UTI be treated with single dose of antibiotics.

It’s possible. Sometimes UTI can disappear on its own. You probably have mild infection. But you should continue with usage of antibiotic. Once you start to take it, you should use it at least for few days. Usually UTI can come back. And also continue to drink a lot of water.

Like louella said, there is some chance that just the single dose of antibiotics might have cured urinary tract infection, but you definitely have to take the full course of prescribed antibiotics. Antibiotics do act very quickly when it comes down to urinary tract infection, so you do feel the symptoms going away before the infection is completely cured.

However, even if there are no obvious symptoms, it doesn´t mean that bacteria are not there and that you still don´t have the infection. It can be present and not cause you any symptoms, but then, there is a big chance that when your immune system is weaker, the bacteria will take over again and cause you to have another UTI outbreak.