I had 3 lumps in my neck above my adams apple. I went to the doctor and he prescribed azimax-250 (azithromycin). I had to took 2 azimax-250 in one day (one in the morning and one in the evening) and had to follow this for 3 days. He said i had some kind of infection in the throat. Well since yesterday all my medications are over but i still have those lumps in the throat. How long does it take for the medicine to work or does this mean that the medicines have not been effective for me...

Hi Nawsheen.
Azithromycin is very stong and effective antibiotic for most known infection, particularly for various throat and tonsil infections. It is also unusual antibiotic that it stays in the body much longer than other antibiotics, because it has a long half-life and body needs more time to eliminate Azithromycin from the body. That's why your doctor prescribed you such a small and quick dose. Azithromycin is usually been taken once a day and for shorter treatment courses for most infections.
Azithromycin is effective against bacteria causing infection of the middle ear, tonsillitis, laryngitis, and other aggressive infections.
The first dose that doctors usually prescribe is often a "double dose," which is twice as much as the remaining doses given.
Any antibiotic needs some time to kick in. So you have to be patient, especially with strong antibiotic such as Azithromycin. Your lumps will gradually disappear, when infection starts to retreat.
Take care.

sir my doctor have prescribed me azimax for high fever and said to use for three days..I do...now I have left of with fever but I am facing severe cough and sore thorat...will you please elaborate ?