So I recently tested positive for chlamydia and was prescribed azithromycin to cure it. 4x250mg tablets. Done. Just waiting for it to pass now. The problem is, my partner (male) has also contracted it from me, currently without his knowledge but I've identified the symptoms (anal infection). I was able to obtain a second dose of the drug. To no success I was unable to get him to take them. So following some reading online, I crushed them up with some raspberries (to hide the bitter taste) and made a smoothie. He drunk this, followed by some water and then a good 90 mins passed before food. I don't need to hear from all the opinionated people telling me I should come clean to him. I just want to know what the likelihood is that the drug will be effective in curing the infection. Help! And thanks.

Hi Needadvice,

You WILL hear it from me.  Tell him the truth - NOW.

How DARE you give your partner a medication in his food.  What if he has an allergy to that drug?  Just because he hasn't in the past does not mean he won't in the future.

You can't be sure he has chlamydia from appearances alone.

He needs to be tested and treated AND then retested to make sure he's clean.  Sometimes the antibiotics don't work.  You need to be retested too.

You're risking HIS fertility over your cowardice.

What a great relationship you are in.  Tell him the truth.  You don't know when you got the chlamydia, it could have been years ago. 

Did it work?

I'm in a similar situation and I was worndering did you ever find out if it was effective

I'm in same situation with my partner .
What is the best food or drink to mixed the azithromycin??