Hello, folks. A doctor prescribed me antibiotics for my sore throat. I would like to know how soon antibiotics will work. I would like to know that piece of information in general when it comes to antibiotics. I would really appreciate this. Thank you in advance for all your help. Bye!

Hello. In your case, antibiotics should work very quickly. I think you should notice any improvement after two or three doses. When other diseases are about, it depends. For some diseases it takes weeks to have some results. It also depends which bacteria caused an infection. Some bacteria are more resistant to antibiotics than others. But you should know one thing. Even if you feel better after few doses of antibiotic, you mustn't stop using it. Drink a whole box. Otherwise, your bacteria can develop a resistance to a certain antibiotic. In that case, this medication won't be effective next time.