my upper left shoulder is always hurting and the pain radiates down into my arm and my hand then my hand is numb @ times, why? my doctor doesnt give a sh*t.. gives me RX and sends me on my way doesnt even try to find out what is causing the pain.. i know i need a better doc, but maybe someone will have an idea of what this could be so i can have an idea for my dumbass doc or another doc i choose to go to, HELP I AM IN PAIN :-P

doctors only give you pain pills , you have a pinched nerve, stretch stretch and stretch, hang on the pull up bar, don't bounce may aggravated more it may take several months for it to get better.

when i do go back to the doc, you thinki should mention that i may have a pinced nerve? i went to the emergency room about when it first started and the doc there said the same thing.... i went for a follow-up @ my regular doc and he didnt think i needed any tests ran, should i tell him i need some tests? thanks so much :-)

hi again, i'm no doc of course , but i'm a die hard 48 year old athlete who is training for my first iron man, and i've had my share of injuries most could have been prevented with stretching. very good chance you have nothing that cant be fixed with some good range of movement and stretching, i one time over did it on a bicep workout and severely pinched a nerve. i lowered my weights and did many sets of curls with full movement slow and easy don't hurt yourself it got better in a few a months and i learned don't over do it . i did the same thing once running once i was sore from squats and my feet and legs were telling me your too sore. well i ran anyway after 5 miles on a 8 mile run i was hoppling and pinched a nerve i had a electical feeling all done my leg again easy movement and stretching two months later i was back again . depending on your body build , seems that more muscle bound more apt to pinch or pull something. proper form, can't stress enough proper form and losing up and stretch. hope this helps , you are your best fixer not pills. ps don't stretch cold do a something to start a little sweat then stretch. cold stretch can cause more problems

it does help... thanks so much... thats one thing i havent tried yet because it just hurts so bad but i am gonna try it... THANKS ;-)

glad it helped also the doctor that can and will help is a chiropractor, strange enough your pinched arm is a pinched nerve in your spine. thats why i mentioned hanging on a pull up bar, another excersie that helps me anyway is flat bench butterfly do them slow bend your arms it also reliefs and separates your spine. good luck bud.

:-D once again i thank you and when i do go to the doctor, i will try to find ya on here & let you know what i found out... but n the meantime, i will follow your advice. ;-)

I HAD ROTOR CUFF SURGERY IN 2006 I HAVE BEEN HURTING EVER SINCE AFTER MANY TEST THEY FOUND T.O.S. HAD SURGERY FOR THAT 2010 STILL MY SHOULDER HURTS RUNS DOWN MY ARM AND MY HAND GOES NUMB THIS IS A W.C. THE MEDICAL SUCKS HAD A LIL THERAPY BUT SUFFER WITH CHRONIC PAIN FROM THESE SURGERIES AND CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THE REASON FOR IN PAIN 24 7 WAKE UP IN PAIN. DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO FOR MYSELF. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thank you!!! I've been so scared I was having like constant heart attacks or something. lol. I had injured my lower back some weeks ago, and my left arm has been hurting, then going numb ever since. I never thought of it as a pinched nerve in my back- in my arm maybe, but never my back. Thank you so much.

I have the sesame problem after my rotator cuff surgery.I am also having pain down my left side around my ribcage . No pain medicine helps it at all I use a heating pad that is where I get most of my relief.I have had phy. Therapy,but it didn't help at all . After one year of. P T, I can only lift four pounds... anyone else have these problems?

just came across your post from 2 years ago. just wondering if you ever found out what the problem was. i had similiar symptoms except on the right side 2 months ago and went to doc, was put on tramadol and difene and told to come back if no improvement in a few days. no improvement after a week so i had mri which revealed that i had 2 bulging discs in the neck which were not the main prob. had another disc below those 2 which was herniated and the contents of the disc had oozed out and was lying on nerve which runs down the arm and into the pinky and next finger. my 2 fingers were actually numb. i had surgery 5 wks ago and the excruciating pain is gone and i am in recovery and still quite sore . was told it would take at least 12 wks to heal. the worst thing i cudve done beforehand was exercise or therapy. rest is the only answer and if that doesnt work surgery. hope u have been sorted out at this stage 2 yrs down the road. if not good luck

You need to go and see a physio or a bowen therapist. I find bowen therapy extremely helpful. 

I agree with the last post. Often these problems that linger and aren't caused by blood restriction from cholesterol, often are due to nerve and bloodline pinching. I've been sorting out a shoulder issue for the past several years from an old injury, and any medical help I've sought out only partially helps..The best advice i can give you, is slowly move around your arm and test your mobility (try to rotate and move it as far as possible in any/all directions). Following that, do the same with your other arm/shoulder. You more than likely are going to notice a difference in range of motion and restriction. Once you figure out your limitations on the sore side, you can either seek medical advice, or research which muscles and tendons are associated with that type of movement, and what's needed to strengthen or loosen them up. Medical stuff, is like driving a car, except YOU are the only person able to get in and drive. So when you go to your mechanic(doctor) unless your doctor is gonna open you up (think mechanic popping the hood) then he can only guess at whats going on inside. Therefore, you need to be your own doctor! Help out the professionals by paying attention to what your body gives as feedback, and try to learn what that means. Best of luck, and I hope this helps!-anon

hello I am in a lot of pain in my ribs, and my left shoulder and the pain radiates down my left arm, my heart is fine.my left hand goes numb and tingles sometimes.PLEASE HELP I AM IN VERY MUCH PAIN.

Me too- I've had severe pain for 2+ years now- from the moment I wake until the moment I fall asleep. (when possible)It started after a day of "extreme gardening", and was initially diagnosed as a disc issue. I've had fusion surgery on my neck, which was supposed to make everything better, but it made things much worse! So now after countless Dr's appointments (which they all seem completely baffled) I am just being propped up with pain killers (which don't work) heating pads, ice and Tiger balm. I am becoming increasingly impatient with the medical world, and am amazed at how little can be done for my type of pain. I hate living like this- but obviously have no other choice but to keep up my fight. So sorry to read that I'm not the only one out there that has to live like this- I will be interested to read any more posts like this, in hopes that one of us chronic pain sufferers has an epiphany and finds a way to get some relief. Thanks, MBZ