I have had neck pain for two years, but never severe. My MRI indicates I have bulging vertebra C5. Sometimes it seemed to me like pain has been spreading through whole spine. My doctor recommended exercise, but that has not helped much. What are alternatives to keep my vertebra from bulging? Can this heel exercising or should I seek from another opinion or help.

When the health of one part of the spine fails, it usually places increased stress on other parts of the spine, for example, a bulging vertebra may place pressure on the spinal cord or nerve root. You really need a more accurate diagnosis to identify your pain generator, bulging discs in and of themselves are not necessarily painful. Depending of the cause there are various treatment options. My very good friend has bulging vertebra in the lower back and he is going every day on physical therapy. His doctor said that exercise will help him. I can’t tell you what the exact exercises for the neck are, bulging C5 vertebra. Neck is very sensitive part. Your doctor is right in that exercise is an important component of your rehabilitation, however doing the right exercises the right way is essential. I advise you to consult trained physician what the best exercise that will help you are.