I am a 47 year old female and have experienced a numb-like tingling in my left hand, left arm and left leg for the past week. I went to Urgent Care and after the routine blood pressure test, pulse rate, temp and listening to my heart through a stethescope, the doctor thought it was probably just muscular-skeletal, due to the arthritis in my neck from a car accident 10 years ago and thought it was probably just a pinched nerve in my neck. I went to the chiropractor four days ago and that helped until two days later when the numbness returned. I went to my general practitioner who put me on an EKG and found my heart to be okay, but was concerned as the numbness from a pinched nerve would affect my arm or my leg, but not both. Because it was both, she said that if I had any severe headache, I should go right in to the Emergency Room, as it could indicate a stroke. I will have additional tests tomorrow, including blood test, nerve test to rule out carpel tunnel and to check my neck.

Thank you for posting on your condition and I look forward to reading as to what your situation is. I imagine that when you went to your chiropractor, you could have caused that numbness to come back as the work they do with spinal alignment can cause issues. Did the chiropractor actually adjust your neck, or only your back?

Your situation sounds very much like mine! I am 42. I have had three whiplash accidents since I was 16 (one bad snow skiing accident at 23). I've had major muscle pain problems and headaches since. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 10 times and spent thousands on doctors, physical therapy, pain meds, chiro, massage, etc. over the year (probably sounds familiar to you). I have lost 3 jobs due to my chronic pain and everything that entails.

Now, 6 weeks ago my left shoulder, arm and hand (along with even more neck pain and headache) started. I didn't slow down (big mistake) and now my left hand stays numb and tingly all the time.

Xray and MRI shows 2 bulging discs at C6-7, cervical stenosis, bone spurs, etc. Neurosurgeon says he can fuse C5-7 to help stablize my neck.

Just finished a week of oral steriods with no change.

You might be careful having your neck adjusted with that many problems. The chiro adjustment gave me little relief...after being laid up for 2 days after!

Good luck to you...hope this helps! -Bobbie