I have been asked to take a drug test for work at Quest- it's SAP 950 with NIT.  I last used poppers two days ago and I will have to take the drug test by next Wednesday.  So, there will be approx  7 days between my last use and the test.  Will they test for poppers and will they show up? i had been using poppers quite a bit over the last few weeks, probably 2-3 times a week.

The main reason why the ask this test is for marijuana. The S.A.P.9- 50 will test these substances: amphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, opiates, pcp ,methamphetamine, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, methadone, proxyphene. The threshold is 50mg. There are different poppers but probably you are not taking any of the drugs above and normally you are clean very rapidly, depending on the drug. You will test negative if you didn’t use any of the 9 drugs I’ve mentioned. Not judging you but, you should stop using it, not only because it is illegal but also because it can damage your nerve and immune system. Besides this if mixed with other drugs can give you serious life-threatening heart problems.

Thanks...speaking of my immune system, I have had the worst cold I have had in a long time, and I was taking mussinex D until yesterday. Will that show up as anything on the drug test?

Sandra, poppers are NOT illegal.

Why does everyone say theyou are illegal? Drives me crazy!!! In the USA, you can buy them at any adult store. They are legal. Ugh!

The "NIT" in the type of drug test you mentioned is for NITRITES! So the answer to your question is YES.

It also depends what type of poppers you are buying on how long it stays in your system, there are several types and depending where you are in the world some are legal and some are not, for example I buy from a site which is based in the UK and sell Isopropyl nitrite which is legal in the UK and Europe but they do not sell butyl nitrate and you can not buy poppers Amyl nitrate as that is illegal in UK, however butyl nitrate is legal in USA, butyl was made illegal in Europe as it damages your eyesight and Amyl nitrate is only legal in UK and USA for people with heart conditions and must be prescribed by a doctor.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Yes actually they are in the US when used to get "high."

will poppers affect uran flow

I was around someone that used poppers would I have it in my system

I live in Virginia and poppers are not legal here.

Poppers are legal in Pennsylvania.

Bull sh*t they are legal in Va.

Something to consider in the legal debate: possessing it may not be illegal, but how you use it maybe. Such as you can have spray paint but on the label it will say if used other than its intended use like to inhale is illegal.