? Hi- I really hope someone will be able to answer this question because I am ready to go to europe where the drug laws are more liberal. Anyway, my question and problem is this} I have been on methdone for about 3 years. My dose for the latter part of those 3 years was 95-98 miligrams. I was placed on admin detox for non-payment. This particular clinic (Suburban Clinic in Union New Jersey) drops you 10mils a day until you either pay you bill or go to zero and do not have to medicate you any longer. This happened to me due to lack of comunication and indescion. I was given the opportunity to pay the bill that following day after driving 55miles to be told I was not being medicated. For the 3 years there I never had be dropped to zero for non-payment. To get to the point here, I got pissed off because now I am left with no choice but to use heroin and all this place cared about was $$$ so October 31, was the last time I had a dose of methadone and that was only 20 miligrams. I wanted no part of it anymore anyway so for the last 3 1/2 weeks I have been using heroin to prevent the withdrawl from the methadone. About 12 hours ago I took 12 miligram of Suboxone and was told I would feel fine. Well I did not feel fine. I gave it some time and figured that it may take longer than 15-20 minutes to start feeling better. Well I waited two hours and none of my withdrawl symptons subsided. My symptoms in the next two hours got worse. I know that you have to be at a low dose of methaone to switch over to Suboxone and the doctor I spoke with told me 30mils before you could successfully make the transition. I can't beleive that what is still in my system after 3 1/2 weeks of non-use of the meth would interfere with the suboxone. I have read that subutex is the way to go for methdone users is it worth trying that? Could there still be a substantial about lingering in my body to prevent 12 miligrams of suboxone from working? Lastly what are my options at this point? I can't continue using herion especially in this country it is too risky and too expensive..................Sorry for the long question I hope you could give me some answer and possibly a solution to my problems here.

you answered your own question. the transition usually take three doctor visits to find the right dose.
also you need to be careful as you noticed your symptoms became worse bupy's can serve as an agonist or antagonist meaning the can induce withrawal

I am on subutex. and trust me suboxone is better. give it time. I went from 90mg to 1.5 of methadone and then switched to subutex. At first you wll need like 24mg of subutex. Subutex is a lot milder then methadone. That's all thats to it. You have to withdraw a bit. and yes. methadone stays in your sytem for awhile. and when you take subutex or suboxone after taking methadone you will come down hard!

You have to wait to take suboxone. You have to have at least 24-48hrs after methadone, and 8-12hrs after using heroin. Otherwise you will go into immediate withdrawl. The suboxone takes over the opiate receptors, and forces other opiates out(methadone, heroin, oxycotin, etc) out. This causes sudden withdrawl, also called percipitated withdrawl. Because suboxone is not a full agonist like heroin or methadone, it can be much easier to withdraw from. I have made the switch. I was taking 160mg of methadone a day, now just starting on suboxone after detoxing from methadone to 30mg. I am suppost to be taking 24mg of suboxone. But I don't want to be stuck on another drug too. It is expensive, 7day worth was $135.00. In an impatient detox, after using a 3grams of heroin a day, the gave me 4mg suboxone the first day, 8mg the second, 8mg the third, and 4mg the fourth. It was easy. I just ate, slept, and watched videos. It worked, but being a new junkie was to good to resist, so I am trying again. Now, I am going to do it again, and not take my entire prescription. It just takes about five days to recover, although, metholcarbanol(muscle relaxer) helps with persistant leg cramps which feel like RLS. I also have tylenol, clonadine, chloral hydrate, and an over the counter stool softener. Most people get diahrea, but I am alway constipated! It works. Call the ER if you have an worse withdrawl though. Give it a try, really. Then you don; thvae to keep on suffering in methadone treatment, suboxone treatement, or are still using opiates.

How long did it take you to come down from the 160 of methadone and how fast did you decrease your dose? My sister has taken 110 methadone daily for 3 years and wants to come down and then get completely away from the stuff but she is very afraid. I am very interested in how you did it or how fast since you seem to have made it. Thanks in advance for any advise you could give us.

i was on 90 mgs of methadone for a year and i decided to switch to suboxone. well i just stopped taken 90 mgs for 3 days and i started the suboxone. it was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought that the mg didnt matter. just as long as u didnt take it for 3 days. now i cant get my methadone cause after 3 days of missen your dose, u are kicked off. I am stuck with suboxone. Tommorrow will be day 4 of not taken it and now im so scared to take it cause its worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dunno what to do. i was clean from all drugs for a year and now i did dope today. i am screwed!!!!!!!!!!

%-) >;) i have been off of methadone for 3 days. my dose was 60ml can i now talk 4mg suboxones?

I have been on 90mg of methadone for 12 years. I got a call from my doctor two weeks before my appointment saying just to let you know I can't write you methadone anymore. I had been with him for over 2 years I asked what to do he said find a clinic, ....We have one in our town and they have a waiting list and they wouldn't take me anyway because they had kicked me off two years ago because I take Xanax....So I called clinics, pain centers and anyone that I could and could not get my methadone....But by the GRACE OF GOD I fould a place that did methadone detox in one day....It saved my life....I am still a little jittery and nervous, but this is to be expected. I will have to continue the Subutex for 30 days but I am making it . I just had this done on Tuesday morning and I drove home yesterday afternoon. If anyone wants this information please let me know. It will make you a brand new person.......Thank God I don't have to worry about that 90mg does everyday of my life......

HONEY JUST GET YOUR ASS TO ANOTHER METHADONE CLINIC THE HEROIN OUT THERE IS JUNK I AM 59 DOPE WAS 100% BETTER WHEN I WAS 20 I WOULD NOT SPEND MY CASH ON THE SO CALLED HEROIN TODAY IT IS CUT WITH XANAX & MILK SUGER

I did all this sh#t backwards. I've been on Suboxone for about 8 months. I'm prescribed 36 mg/ day and on the course of the last few months only take 8-16mg/ day and sell the rest of my script. Anywho... I tried getting high again on oxycontins,vicodan, and my favorite- fetanyl patches. I barely got high even after 2days of not doing suboxone. Well, then my "friend" gave me methadone 40mg wafers. 20mg got me so fuc#ing high for like 4 hours straight. I stayed on methadone for about 3 weeks until i wasn't feeling high anymore. I was off of the methadone for 36hours, my last dose was only 10mg. I ate 16mg of suboxone and about 20minutes later BAMMMMM! the chills, yawning every couple of minutes, u name it. SUCKED!!! So I bought a oxy 40mg to balance me out. Today, I wonder should I try it again. Can I go thru rapid detox twice? That's my question. One thing is 4 sure, stay with Suboxone, there really is next to no withdrawal from it.

It clearly sounds like you precipitated withdrawal!!! This means that you did not wait long enough after your last dose of methadone to take the suboxone. As an advised treatment plan for Heroin users, suboxone should be taken approx 10 to 24 hrs after the last dose of heroin (induction phase). With methadone this is very different considering its much longer half life then heroin. You must seek therapy from an experienced physician who is familiar with treating methadone using suboxone. The last thing on earth you want to do is precipiate withdrawl. This essentially means that you throw yourself into the most severe stage of physical withdrawl instantly, and believe me, it is VERY uncomfortable. If you happen to be self prescribing your suboxone treatment I would suggest waiting as long as you possibly can after your last methadone dose. Generally, a period of 24 to 36 hrs is when methode withdrawls start to kick in. A safe way to gauge this is to allow the withdrawl symptoms from the methadone to run through its EARLY stage, and then administer your first dose of suboxone until the symptoms become absolutely unbearable. The longer you wait, the safer you will be, and the more comfortable you will be in the long haul.

---Hope this helped---

Okay - biochemist here - and chronic pain patient who has had a few years of methadone experience. It can be a scary withdrawal - I did it once on accident (oops those pills are the same size). You will feel good for 3 days because the drug stays in your system for about 72 hours depending on your body - THEN the detox begins. The sweats, the leg pains from the apocalypse (think of RLS or a few hundred Charlie Horses). But yes it can be done and done correctly. The nausea and chills and headaches were livable for me. It was the leg pain that really drove me nutty.

Seriously if you want off of it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a reputable doc. It can be expensive. But a lot of docs will work on a sliding scale for your income if you JUST ASK and You EXPLAIN what your goal is.

My doc was double board certified in Pain and Psych - there aren't many but you want to find someone who knows their drugs - baby their ain't nobody better - they know exactly how the doses can monkey with your head.

I'm living this stuff daily (21 drugs a day on no job) - I know the no money gig too. So trust me on the sliding scale thing :-) I shopped around.

Good luck and prayers my friends - it can be done - try and have hope - I know some days it is really really hard

BY FAR the worst symptom of withdrawl in my opinion is not being able to sleep for like a week straight. Tossing and turning with RLS all night. I did dope for 4 years with at least a bundle a day habit. Then went on the done for about 2 years at 135mg a day. Suboxone really is where it's at if you're really trying to quit. You can't play around though and keep switching. Once you take it, you won't feel anything else over it. Trust me I tried shooting like 4 bags of dope once on it and didn't even feel the SLIGHTEST thing because of the Suboxone.

Here's the deal. If you're trying to go from Methadone or dope to Suboxone... you can't take the Suboxone until you're actually in withdrawl. If you take it too soon after an opiate, you'll go right into the worst withdrawl ever.

Yep I take 30-40mg of methadone a day and ran out thursday, got an 8mg of suboxone today and figured it'd be safe to take since i already felt bad..

apparently i wasnt ready yet.. 15 mins after taking it i was soaked in sweat and miserable. i took a 30 min hot as i could stand shower, got out and laid in bed with a heater blowing on my back and that worked wonders. the heat keeps you warm and the air moving dries the sweat up faster than your body can make it--so you don't feel so wet. I'd recommend everyone in WD's try it. I kept thinking I felt fine bc of it and would get up to realize i was still miserable..

anyways about 3 hours later i woke up and felt good.. I guess the sub tore all the 'done off of my receptors then finally replaced it with enough to make me feel ok. i've still been extra sensitive to temperature changes but overall its not even bad enough for me to consider it 'real' withdrawal

It can be done! I was on 100mg of methadone a day for 5 years on the clinic after a 3 year IV heroin habit. I decided it was time to started to detox at 5mg a month at first with no withdrawral symptoms so i decided to go down 5mg a week until about 50mg. At that point i made the decision to speed the detox process up and started coming down 10mg a week until i was at 30mg. At that point i was looking in to suboxone but every place i called had a long waiting list. So from 30mg (not by choice) had to come down 5mg A DAY! Until 0. Today is my 8th day off methadone and with the help of clonidine, klonipin, a good muliti vitimin with minerals, about 2,000mg of vitimin C everyday and some over the counter flu meds its helping me alot. Dont get me wrong this was no where near easy but if your committed you can do it. Fear is really what kept me on the methadone clinic for 5 years, fear of my prior back pain and fear that i would fail. Being sick is no fun but i think the worst thing of it all was not being able to sleep but last night was my first decent night sleep. After all everyday IS getting easier and it really isn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. I made sure to never know what dose i was on as i was coming down because your mind can make you alot sicker when you start panicing about how low your dose is. Oh ya and it is harder when i find myself just laying around doing nothing so keeping busy is key like listening to music, watching movies and try not to think to much about how your feeling, minute by minute turns to hour by hour and now for me day by day. Well i hope my experience will help someone out there. Good Luck and Think Positive! :)