i was curious about how long suboxone stays active in your body? when do the effects wear off? (of both ingredients)

i would appreciate the info!

suboxone has a 50% half life. Meaning if you take 8mg today, you will have 4 mg left in your system in 24 hours. The next day will be 2mg and the next day 1mg. Day five you will have nothing in your system, However I would not recomend this rapid detox, unless your motives are messed up. If you or anybody else wants info from the maker of suboxone or subutex, call the SUBOXONE HELP LINE @ 877-782-6966, M-F 8am-8pm. They truly are helpful !

If you have taken suboxone then go off of it and its been a month then you get injured and have to start on a narcotic pain reliever will it been effective??

i have been on methadone four about 6yrs i lost my husband about 10 mths ago.from a over dose of methadone and xanic.i was determine to come off i went to rehab about 6mo ago;and of course thay put me on suboxone i feel like im using it as a cruch so im going to detox my self i was taking 10 mg now im down to 2mg i have been on this dose about two weeks ....today is my last dose im so scared but im more than ready wish me well feed back pleasE!!!!!! :-) :-) %-) %-)

if u are worrying about a drug test or wat not don't worry because subxn is an artificial opiate which will not show on the drug test because its not an opiate n they don't got anyway or detecting it...as for you to feel an opiate after you used a subxn wait at least 2days after u last used a subxn, but if ur using a subxn that should be enough for u to take some pain off, and handle the rest, y would u go back to opiates anyway thats y ur usin subxn for...u dig?

Hi guys i need your help and bloody fast.

I have been on subutex for 8 years now and my does is now at 12mg and i have now for personal mental health reasons have had to go back to methadone.

Last night i took 10mg of subutex it's now 24 hours later and i had 2mg of subutex this morning as i was w/d bad.

i ment to change switch to methadone 4oml on wednesday its now friday and i still havent switched but i need to do it tonight but i'm worried the subutex i took this morning the 2mg and last nights 10mg will still be in my opiate receptors so when i take my 40mls of meth i might go into w/d and the meths wont work then i cant take subutex after and i'll be screwed.

As anyone ever taken meths or herion while they used subutex in the same 24hours and if so did u feel the meth or herion after u took it ?

Please reply fast as i'm w/d now i dont know wever to take meth or subutex tonight ??

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've been taking 1mg of suboxone for two weeks now and i wanted to know if the withdraw's are gonna be really bad or should it be easy?

Suboxone is a long-lasting partial opiod agonist. Compared to a full-agonist, such as heroin or methadone, suboxone behaves very differently. It is a very potent chemical, and in therapeutic use its ceiling dose is 32mgs. The suboxone has an extremely high 'affinity' for the brain's opiod receptors, moreso than heroin. Because of this, the suboxone will override heroin.
Most people report needing to wait 12 hours (at the extreme low-end) all the way up to when withdrawals begin, somewhere between 30 and 72 hours. For an individual stabilized on their dose of suboxone, 24-36 hours appears to be a suitable length of time to "shoot through the suboxone."

Not that I recommend that, or anything....

DETOXING

AT THE TIME I REALIZED THAT SUBOXON WAS KILLING ME, I IMMEDIATE STOPPED TAKING IT (8 WEEKS @2-4MG) MY EXPERIENCE ALMOST PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL

SYMPTOMS: PROJECTIVE VOMITING, REGULAR VOMITING, IMPACTED BILES, CRYING ALL THE TIME (I HAVE NEVER BEEN A VOMITER OR CRYER),
LACK OF INCENTIVE TO CHANGE CLOTHING, SHOWERING, REFRAINING FROM EATING, DESPAIR, LOSS OF MEMORY, ON AND ON!!! MOST IMPORTANTLY THE DETOX IS 7 DAYS (7 HALF LIVES). IT WAS HELL AND WITHOUT FRIENDS I HAVE NO IDEA IF I WOULD HAVE SURVIVED THIS EPISODE.

I HOPE YOUR SYMPTOMS DO NOT KEEP YOU FROM FUNCTIONING. I WAS DEEPLY DEPRESSED FOR TWO WEEKS, AND MY DOCTOR RECOMMENDS TWO MORE WEEKS TO GET MY MIND AND BODY INTACT.

LETTERA

to the person who says suboxone doesnt show on drug tests, u r wrong, dont say it unless u know for sure.

I know for a fact that they have to test pacificlly for suboxon I have been on it for almost two years takeing 8mg a day. And for the person that said subutex had a blocker it does not you can find these thing out on a suboxon and subutex website that tells you all about it.

So basically what I'm gettin from all of this is: If I am not on a habitual regiment of suboxone and I take a 4mg tab it will stay in my system anywhere from 12 to 24 hours?

1) suboxone can be tested for in the urine
2) 4mg dose of suboxone (taken correctly under the tongue, let dissolve and wait 5 mins) is not even a strong enough dose to keep all the opiates off the receptors, you can still feel the effects from opiates while on a 4mg dose...but I would wait at least 12 hours to get the most out of it.
3) 8mg dose is the common standard dose...i would wait 20-30 hours before using opiates (if you want to feel the effects from them)
4) Someone on a regular dose of 8mg+ might need to wait even longer before using opiates, due to the half-life being around 37 hours.

Hope this helps some people

PS. I do not encourage using suboxone as buffer for when you cannot score or have no money...that is an awful way to live life. Suboxone is a miracle, it truly truly is; it has saved my life as well as 1000s of others out there. Opiates are extremely evil and only negatively impact people's lives...PLEASE seek professional help if you are struggling from opiate addiction. I was scared to admit my problem to my family and that's what kept me on the train for so long...After being sober for 1 year, I love life and happy to be off opiates. If you know anyone who is struggling with opiate addiction, turn them in for help, it's the best thing you can do for someone, letting them continue to be an addict furthers the possibility of them overdosing.

it doesnt matter at any point if you stop taking subutex/suboxone and immediately start taking methadone - my doctor took me off suboxone and put me right on 40mg methadone and i felt no differences during the switch - so balls up and just switch already, you won't feel any different - i assure you

(this is just from my experience, not a medical professional)