I have been taking about 20mg to 50mg of methadone a day. I am wanting to know about how long it will be in my system. I have not taken any in 6 days and I weigh around 160lbs. I know its diffrerent for everyone, but I knew you guys would know better than me. Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

PLEASE be careful, DO NOT trade the roxi addiction for one which is much, much, much worse! I did almost the same thing to try and wean off of Norco's (15 per day) and I went through a hell I wouldn't wish on Bin Laden....Well, maybe Bin Laden but no one else! When was your last dose, was it two days ago on Sunday? Have you taken anything else since? If not you will start to feel the withdrawals tomorrow and they will intensify over the next few days until you peak around day 4 or 5. That all depends on the methadone though...DON'T TAKE ANY MORE if you're serious about quitting opiates altogether. Base on the amount of opiates you've consumed over the amount of years I would venture to guess it will take you a good 10 days before you're over the worst of the detox but it could be weeks if not months before you're back to normal. Make sure and research PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome), it often occurs for long-term opiate addicts when they quit. It's both a physiological and psychological condition that may manifest itself for months and in some cases years after you've become sober. Hope this helps, good luck and congratulations on taking the first difficult steps to sobriety! Hang in there, things WILL get better!