I am 32 years old and 8 months pregnant. Super healthy lifestyle, not had many problems with constipation except early on in pregnancy (from hormones, not diet mind you). I've had a very healthy pregnancy so far - eating a whole foods diet (nothing processed), pregnancy yoga, CrossFit, etc. On Saturday evening (it's now Thursday), I noticed some discomfort "down there" and recognised it as hemorrhoids because I had it once in high school. Got progressively worse the next day, and by Monday I was writhing in pain, crying, and my boyfriend stayed home from work to nurse me because I couldn't move. I went to the doctor on Monday and he sent me to the ER because they were the external thrombosed kind, only to have the ER intern try and shove the hemorrhoids back up my ass (without anaesthesia) and then they came out immediately afterwards. He got the resident doctor, who then gave me local anaesthetic (topical and the needle - &$!!!! hurt like hell) and tried shoving them in again. Gave me a prescription for linocain (or whatever it's called) and told me that if they come back out I could either cope with the pain and wait for it to go away or go to the outpatient clinic and have it lanced, which he didn't recommend because he said that the recovery could be just as painful and the hemorrhoid might just come right back again. Because I'm pregnant, I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol to kill the pain. Can't even take Ibprofin. Fun times!

Things that have been on my anus since Sunday include: ice, Prep H, minced garlic, apple cider vinegar, manuka honey, homeopathic ointment, witch hazel, coconut oil, coconut oil with turmeric, aloe vera gel, grated potato, this eco-friendly "butt balm", frozen chamomile teabags, and cornstarch. The garlic hurts like hell when it first goes on, but really seems to help after that. On top of that, warm baths 4 times a day and drinking cayenne tea with manuka honey to improve circulation.^^ Not just putting these things on my ass on a whim btw, it's from extensive research online from testimonials from other sufferers.

It's been five days now. Not sure if it's any smaller but the pain isn't constant - but it does get very painful at least a few times a day. I've been eating pretty much nothing but fruit and veg all week and litres of water.I've been off work and on bed rest all week and am going nuts but worth it if it means this will not be an issue when I have a baby next month. Hell on earth.

This is the best informal forum reply that i have ever read. It is so comprehensive. BUT it is also extremely succinct and the language is minimized to just the bare necessity wordcount - this is the exact functional purpose to use language as a tool, not a barrier, and to convey pieces of information clearly and precisely.

Notice my excessive wordage is redundant and i am overusing the wordy details because they are unlimited and deceivingly appear to ADD to the information and substance... A greedy urge to keep adding sequential descriptors threaded together shamelessly AND got so overdescriptive that the MAIN INFO WAS LOST, or, most likely misunderstood or was assumed to be "understood" instead of wasting overexamination on such an unconfirmed, unfounded information source. And usually there is a hidden invalidity that is misunderstood as the right idea and will cause another miscommunication when it is passed on. Very minimal use of words is the only way to near-guarantee an accurate expression without any followup. And the only fully foolproof way is by asking for a confirmatory replication of the message back to the author after each recipient's read it. There isnt a need such hassle UNLESS the info is extremely vital and human life will be affected by the variance of precision in that communication. Basically someone who has prized or privileged knowledge and what they have to say IS ALL important so u know not to glance at your txt msgs or become distracted by passersby and u hang onto each word because u cannot afford to miss any detail"... The only ppl that important 24/7/365 Are surgeons, judges, military commanders- generals and chiefs- and the test proctors in standardized national-level exams. A possible addition from anyone in the commercial-corporate-financial world could only be a design engineer or legal team who is the representative designated to inform each person they are on List X required by law to be informed and to know their rights and risks, because they have, own, or had, or were exposed to, something sold by company X which had no other use for thing X except for its revenue as a monetary profit . (What a waste of life and time, if that is the only use your brain ever has, and no other contribution to civilization beyond the microaccounting of numbers in a bank account ...you didnt deserve all those vaccines, electricity, seat belts and even the invention of fuel engines with wheels that you used as an automobile. Recent ideas i overheard: how to motivate the minds of the 25th-75th percentile to pursue actions of long term communal and global human benefit--- instead of petty pursuits such as marketing and sales and "flipping homes" which is essentially fraudulently getting more money than its worth, because you spent a few weeks to clean it first and there is some more paint in some places and some new pieces of materials spread around, like ceramic or metal or rocks and there is also some new plants added back in like a replacement for the native species that grew before any construction wiped it gone. Making shelter personalized as your home, which is the process of all living things, for example- nesting, is valid. And decorating for purely aesthetic purposes is expected to some extent to be a positive expression of human identity, but that is some extent of self in the personal touches. Making a new, pleasant, functional nursery for your new baby? Healthy for humanity and also contributory to the overall species. Making a change of colored rocks over the entire outside ground, huge surface area and energy expenditure, with only 1 purpose to directly augment the perceived value of an entire property by the altering the surface of the ground/dirt covering to "appear" newer and somehow better in exchange for higher value of currency traded. The only secondary goal is the attainment of a higher amount of currency in trade off to ownership, and that by itself isnt a valid theoretical goal, it is just shortened in assumption that a larger amount of currency has another purpose which will follow as something worthy of upgrading ... For example, back in the day it meant buying a better home or larger land so that it can fit all the family members without sharing beds or creating unsanitary shared uses of plumbing or too near the food preparation. Things that affect human LIFE. Even "buying a huge supercomputer" counts because IT FOLLOWS that youll use the expensive BETTER technology to DO MORE USEFUL things for civilization. But the colored rocks that u spent all that time replacing and got somewhere between $1,000 to 50,000 extra dollars in your escrow account deposit. Which was a great added effect since it enabled the upgrade to softer leather with contrast stitching in the car seats and also a 12-pc set of LV designer luggage to show the world that you can afford the softer leather and you bought these higher priced goods with larger amts of money that you have now, and thus you are "successful" in the use of your time obsessing over the color and shape of the rocks that u laid in large expanses covering the top of finer rocks that became well-sedimented minerals known as dirt. This activity and also the paint you spritzed around some select indoor suurfaces, is an extremely good use of LIFE and exceeds the value of your lifetime carbon footprint and added population load. THIS IS SARCASTIC, the point is that if people are made to JUSTIFY THEIR PURSUITS AS SOMETHING BENEFICIAL besides the creation of few extra dollars for very little impact on 1 persons family....then.. Their lifetimes will be spent doing something with quality that can qualify the load theyve exchanged. Soon the shift in philosophical "success" will be reflected as less greed being respectably applauded, and more mutually wonderful advances being shown off like its the new equivalent of a 12-train LV logo pattern textile printed on durable sheets and then molded around a hollow that has fasteners keeping it closed or open. And u stick your textiles INSIDE that. And that is the ACHIEVEMENT purposed from "your success". It is ridiculous and illogical and i am sure it is a temporary glitch for our current period of humanity that is laughed at by ancestors many centuries later. Just how we scoff at the Crusades and witchhunts and burning people at the stake..... Any life is time spent with brain energy and mechanical force expenditure, PLus granted use of the atmospheric air and all public resources like water and green plants. You think that is infinite and will remain so plentiful? Of course you and all 25th-75th percentiles of human intelligence also do think so.. because that group requires more obvious "cues" to reach an analysis by abstract cognition. The top 25% of brainpower can foresee all this with far less "hint" and less demonstrations of the exact same repeated examples of the problem (a reference to the blatant differences in higher ed classrooms and exam reviews: all students will receive some guidance about the content of the tested material. The superior top 1% are classes with a brief list of "words" that are each of the concepts symbolically represented in the time spent by the class. The smart kids will know where to refer to understand each concept and will be able to apply the concept in whatever manner the test demands. The medium higher average tier will receive the concepts along with EXAMPLES of homework such as math problems of a certain type. Theyll make sure they can solve every similar problem using an EXTENSION of the concept applied to a problem, including all the past assigned work and every unassigned problem that they can do as practice applying the same concept to a new situation. They will use the exam review to highlight an unknown error they cant figure out while attempting to solve something that was never hw assigned - but is of relevant conceptual value AND it was probably a challenge problem in that textbook or in another book of equivalent subject matter. They receive guidance about the error based on their presented work. Lastly, the classrooms full of bell curve single standard deviation bounded intelligence will RECEIVE EXACT replicated EXAMPLES OF THE TESTED MATERIAL as their "review" sheet. Half wont even attempt every single problem on the sheet or will do something they never actually crossverify to a control and therefore they will never realize it isnt correct ;) during an exam review, they will ask the teacher or group leader to redo, on the board, almost every single problem and ask their question in this form, "Can you show me how to find the answer for #13?" Which means it is blank unattempted on their own example sheet... And The actual next 8 minutes are spent writing down the exact copy of the worked out details in minutiae so that it can be memorized and regurgiated on the same cue for the exam. That variable credit point awarded to their quality of memorization of the stepswise answer, that is the purpose of all the hours they go to that class and sit and listen, and do assignments after hours and pay tuition for it. THE CREDIT POINTS that make the grade, is actually the end purpose. The first group of elite brains dont even care about the credit points because their coursewokr is usually PASS FAIL or graded with simple categorical evaluations of mastery. The instructor doesnt benefit anything by being "hard" and the students dont benefit anything by "cheating" because there is nothing they can possibly write on their hidden palm of hand that is useful to their exam answers which indicate an original expression of concept mastery. The upper medium tier are smart kids who may not be uniformly as immersed in their classroom career. They care about points, BUT the purpose of grades is to ACHIEVE A FUTURE value of higher appraisal toward graduate degree candidacy or further advancements in their academic career. Their goal in THAT phd or masters degree or JD etc, is to have the knowledge and resources that make you DISCOVER something or ANALYZE or IMPLEMENT something awesome. In EVERYONES interest, as an entire population.
And all that i meant by the thousands of words above, is that the author's post must be written by someone extremely INTELLIGENT whose words are used efficiently as tools to convey info BECAUSE THEYRE USUALLY ENGAGED IN SOMETHING IMPORTANT AS INFORMATION.

I feel like crying and this hurts really bad and I dunno what to do and I can't tell anyone and I'm a teenager and my mom didn't realize how bad it was cuz I didn't wanna go into detail and she went to bed and I can't sleep and it hurts really bad. Someone help.

I also got noticed that i am having that hemm too.two week ago.i didnt know what to do , i felt shame and i didnt want to tell others.so i searched on net so i got some tips about hemm.good news and bad news.first i drunk cups of water ,avoided long time sitting . did some physical ex like walkin and yoga.i also took some stool softener and external cream.it make me felt reducing pain but hemm still prolapsed.so i went to see doc .and doc tested me with a protoscope ,said there 1in pile and dont need to do surgery.then i asked if can i take minor surgery ,i will
bcause i just want to release from it but she said hemm is not that one which can cure in time that you must be patience and do treatment by your every day procedure.
so doc give me some meds and tip
daflon 500 (2 pill per day for early stage hemm)
MOM and
Avolac
(MoM and Avolac are kinda stool softener) help you while BM

drink about 3 litre of water and
eat yogurt twice or more a week
reduce some some activities that leads to cause hemm.

Well I don't know what it might look like on the inside but I am nice and clean little swollen on the outside. As far as I know I don't have a buddy. I am a homosexual so about five years ago I was haveing sexual intercourse and something happen down there. I got up quickly after feeling the sharp pain and ran to the bathroom it burned it just didn't feel right down there. Something was real wrong I tryed to use the restroom and immediately began was only could be explained as urinating blood from my bum. This was alarming I stood up real quick in a panic seeing as my potty had been turned into a horror seen. With my boyfriend pounding on the door begging to know I was alright I had no clue what to say. It was so scary. I sent him home and spent the next two days at home being carful of my rectum and the bleeding went away and I've never bleed like that again. Now my anus is always sore I spot when I wipe just small amount blood but it feels like the inside around my anus is swollen. I bought PrepH ointment I've been useing that anytime it feels a little irritated. But now 3 years later still dealing with the iritation and last year now itching that feel real good not gonna lie but this needs to heal. I feel ashamed when haveing sexual intercourse because even though I know it's not bad bad it's not my pretty pink anus I knew and loved. Not to mention I'm still hideous it from my boyfriend because it's so embarrassing sometimes when It becomes irritated I have to turn him down alot and that makes things a little difficult. I really think it is the toilet paper. Would it be a bad thing to start buying baby wipes for the rest of my life lol

Im sitting here in tears because the theombosed hemorrhoid you described sounds exactly like what I have and I dont currently have insurance. I'm only 27 and this is my first time with anything like this. My mom told me I'd be fine, but I don't think they understand how badly it hurts. Even just laying here not moving it hurts something fierce.

Worse than childbirth!!

I have had them for years. BAD at times and ok for years. 2 different doctors told me Not to get surgery. Deal with it if you can. That was their recommendations. Haven't been bothered for years.....but having a bad out break as we speak...

Thank you for this detailed, informative, and entertaining post.