I have hemorrhoids for a long time and I have tried many ways to get rid of them. My doctor recommended me surgical removal, but somehow I am afraid. Can you tell me more about procedure called rubber band ligation. Doctor told me ligation hemorrhoid is an outpatient treatment for second-degree internal hemorrhoids. I want to hear more about this procedure, because I am a little bit afraid of this.

A ligation hemorrhoid is procedure, where a small band is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid. This is going to stopping the blood supply to the hemorrhoidal mass. The hemorrhoid will then shrivel and die within 7 to 10 days, which mean you will feel better soon. The shriveled hemorrhoid and band will fall off during normal bowel movements, and there is noting you should be worried. Rubber band ligation is very popular procedure, as it involves less pain than surgical treatments of hemorrhoids. This is bringing you better relieve because of shorter recovery period. Its success rate is between 60 and 80%, and I think you should consider this procedure. Rubber band ligation procedure follows pre-treatment diganosis and prescribed medications. After diagnosis of the second-degree hemorrhoid, antibiotics are often prescribed. This is especially to patients with immune deficiency or other medical condtions. Positioning follow ligation hemorrhoids, as the patient is laid down on the left side, with knees drawn up and buttocks projecting over the operating table. Then a proctoscope is inserted into the anal opening, so hemorrhoid is grasped by forceps and maneuvered into the cylindrical opening of the ligator.

I just had the banding procedure 8 hours ago. Motrin seems to be taking the edge off, even thought the doctor said there shouldn't be much pain. I think since it was close to the anus inside near the pain sensors is why I feel something. Quite frankly if this ends the issue I'll suck up the pain. Check out the Center for Colorectal Health for their easier (non clamp) band procedure. I go back in to weeks to cure two smaller roids I don't feel. The end is in sight. The main issue is the mental anguish is just not worth it. I took care of a fissure problem witht he surgery 8 years ago and despite the pain it is no longer and issue in my life. Thank God. Go for the cure and stop treating the symptoms. Fix the diet and exercise as well.

I had my first banding done today, just over 5 hours ago. Like one of the previous posters I was so relieved to have finally made an appointment at the colorectal specialists and get things checked out. The banding took 2 mins- not even, and I felt nothing. At this point, I have the merest sense of pressure so I am very pleased. Time will tell though... especially when I have my first BM! Still, I can deal with a little pain if it means the end of my problem. Having to deal with these darn hemarroids over the last 2 years was so emotionally distressing for me. I say to anyone suffering similarly, go for it, its worth it. The doc told me that some people have no pain, some have a little and then the unfortunate few have more pain. It even can vary from 1 hemm to another in the same person. I will post again in the next few days. Fingers crossed!! btw I am a 46 yr old female.

I'm in agony after a banding two days ago hope the pain ends soon and the blood stops when I go to the toilet. Very distressing I hope it is all worth this pain to feel better soon.

I found that applying ice cubes on the effected area before popping the single hemi I had with a sewing needle got rid of mine, the ice numbed the area so I didn't feel I thing.