Hello I'm Jay. On 3/12/10 my husband and I woke up excited since we were going to our 1st dr's appt that day (3/12). Right before my vaginal exam, I noticed that I'd began to bleed (light). Before the dr started the exam, we mentioned the bleeding to her. The dr's response was that it could be old blood and that she would check it out during the exam. Well after 15 minutes or more of tortue (the exam), the dr never said a word about the blood. She stated that my cervix looked good, and that WAS IT! My husband and I were eager to ask the dr's asst about the bleeding and we were again told that it could be old blood. After returning home from the appt my husband and I layed in bed both feeling violated and confident that we did not receive the service that any expecting parents should have. Hours passed and I continued to bleed. At 1st the liners were helping and then the pain and heavy bleeding (similar to a cycle) kicked in. At that point my husband rushed me to the ER. Since we'd planned for a baby, we knew that I was exactly 6 wks and 1day. However, nothing showed up on the ultrasound (no sack, pole, NADA). We were devastated!!! I'd sat home and bled for almost 10 hrs and NOW THIS!! Next a HCG test was performed (HCG results-240). The ER dr stated that since this test hadn't been done prior to this situation, he did not know if my HCG was increasing or decreasing. Well for some reason, I knew that the number was decreasing. On Monday 3/15, I went in to see a new OB/GYN (family referral). During this appt my HCG was taken again. The next day, I was notified that the HCG had dropped to 170. I have been home in bed since Tuesday and I feel like I've been crushed. I can't stop crying. I can't work. Everytime I see a baby, I cry. Now, the pain has stopped but the bleeding has not. Since I am already aware of what is going on. I'm just interested in knowing, how soon can I start trying again. I feel empty and would love to replace this misery with a healthy child in months to come. Any advice, anyone with a similar situation?

I am not a doctor but it seems like you should wait at least a month before actively trying to conceive again. Six weeks is very early to even know that you are pregnant. My daughter-in-law lost a baby very early in the pregnancy last year and I think that the most helpful thing the doctor said to her was that any time a pregnancy terminates on its own that early is a BLESSING. It means that the cells were not progressing properly. Wait a month (or two just to be safe) and then try again. My daughter-in-law is pregnant again now and everything is going picture perfect. Take care ...

I would first like to say that my heart goes out to you,i have been through a very similar situation,After so long for trying to concieve i finally got pregnant and was very excited,i went in and heard its heartbeat 2 times,and at 12 weeks preg one night i started to bleed lightly,went into the e.r and after spending hours there they told me there was no sign of life.They sent me home with my lifeless baby still in there and a few days later i started with the heavy bleeding and went to the e.r for a second time.My doctor told me its best to wait about 3 months (3 cycles) to start trying again,you dont want to start too soon because if your lining isnt built up enough to support it you will just miscarry again,and i know how devestating it can be.I also couldnt stop crying and was very sad.Is been a few months and i still get depressed,my best advice to you is to try and keep your head up,and your mind busy.And in a few months definatly try again! good luck to you!

Makes me teary to read your comments. My husband and I found out we were pregnant two days after getting engaged (very unplanned) about two years ago. I miscarried a week later. I know how frustrating it can be calling doctors and trying to get answers, wait it out and remember that there will be a brighter day when you get a solid positive pregnancy line and get that cute baby in your arms 9 months later!

I passed everything naturally and really had a hard time with it. I debate today if I should have gotten a D&C for my own mental sake to have some closure. It's really hard to be in that limbo stage where hope still lies and tragedy is lingering.

I would wait 2 months before trying again. It's an emotionally fragile state you and your partner are in, and it might be too soon to get your hopes up just to see a negative preggers test. That's just my personal opinion.

((hugs))

I had a miscarriage last year and it was devestating I was 3 months pregnant. At the time I didnt know I was pregnant at all. I just started having big clumps come out when I used the restroom. Finally I started having tortuos pain so I went to the E.R. and they told me "YOU ARE PREGNANT BUT YOU MISCARRIED." I couldn't understand why they was still saying I was pregnant. Well come to find out I lost my little girl, but I was still pregnant with a little boy. TWINS. It was so hard for me to carry on with still being pregnant after I saw my daughters fingers and toes in my hand. I knew she was an angel and its just so hard. Atleast her brother got to meet her. :'( :-D