Hi, guys. My closest friend has some problems with her son. He has been diagnosed with behavior disorder. He is well now and go to his doctor’s appointments regularly. The thing that bothers my friend is how to gain trust from her child. Can anyone give us some good advice? We would appreciate it.

Hello. You have asked a very good question. I think that some mutual trust must exist. Although your friend has a problem, she should be aware that her son is the one that needs help. It is great that he has accepted the treatment. Many of these patients don’t want this. They should rebuild their relations from the beginning. Earn one’s trust one step at the time. Ask for an advice people with similar problems. I hope this will work out.

Hello. I agree with what was written here. Trust is something that is easy to lose. However, it is very hard to be gained again. It is important to remove the cause of the family behavior disorder. I must admit that this is not an easy step. Your friend should ask herself what has really made of her son to be a person that needs psychiatric help. You should ask for other people’s experiences – people that had similar problems. I hope this helps. Good luck!