I am diagnosed with chronic sinusitis about ten days ago. I actually have sinusitis symptoms for more than three years now but I never suppose it could be chronic sinusitis or something like that, I thought it would go away on its own. The thing is that at the first time I had nose breathing problem followed by green discharge and I would also have a headache and face tenderness as well as aching sensations behind my eyes and this condition have lasted no longer than two weeks. But last time those symptoms have lasted a whole year and normally I went to see a doc and got diagnosed with chronic sinusitis. So, is there anyone with the same problem to help me dealing with this and to tell me what the treatment options for chronic sinusitis are? Thanks.

I just like you am diagnosed with the same-chronic sinusitis and I just like you haven't react on time for the conditions you have described that were lasted no longer than a few weeks are actually acute sinusitis. So when you have acute sinusitis treated on time you might decrease the chances of developing it into chronic one. But for it is obvious that both of us you and I have missed that chance we'll have to deal with chronic sinusitis from now on. Anyway as for the chronic sinusitis treatment you've got a variety of options depends on what have caused your chronic sinusitis so there you could use antibiotics, corticosteroids. I personally was on antibiotics 10 weeks for my chronic sinusitis was caused by a bacterial infection. And as for the corticosteroids they’re usually prescribed in the cases of sinus inflammation. There you have also decongestants and antihistamines and I also use frequently moisture and humidification in order of nasal drainage and if the cause of your chronic sinusitis is some allergies than you could take immunotherapy. I also take some self-help steps in order to ease my sinusitis condition so I frequently apply warm packs on my face, I inhale very often especially before I go to sleep and I also have installed a humidifier that keep my home air clean and moist and also important is drinking plenty of fluids for in this way you keep diluting your nasal secretion.