Hi, I have my ear pierced a month ago, and everything was just fine until yesterday. I noticed a bump on my earlobe, which became painful. Did it happen to anyone else?

When I pierced my earlobe, I was 16 years old. I pierced one ear on three spots for three earrings. Everything was all right until I bought new earrings. I thought they were silver, but it was just an ordinary metal. After couple of days, I noticed painful bumps on my earlobes. They were swollen and red. I thought they would disappear, but they were becoming worse. I went to a doctor, and she told me to take out the earrings and to put hydrogen on painful bumps on my earlobe. It turned out that I was allergic on everything that wasn’t silver or gold. I bought three silver earrings, and I never had painful bumps on my earlobe again.