Hello, I am 32 years old and, unfortunately, I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. It seems that my life s going to change from now on, drastically. This includes eating healthy food. Can you eat white rice if you suffer from diabetes? What can I say; I am a fan of white rice!

Well, I am not so sure, but I think that white rice has a lot of calories and that is something your diabetes will not tolerate. So, if you don't want to torture your pancreas some more, do not eat white rice. I think that you can find some other types of food that you can eat and that are very tasteful too.

First of all I am very sorry that you have been diagnosed with diabetes. My aunt is suffering from it and she has completely changed her lifestyle and it wasn’t easy in the beginning so be ready to give up on a lot of things. First of all healthy foods usually means three no no’s: no white sugar, no salt and no white flour. So do you think that white rice is excluded from this list?

White rice is full of starch which is converted to sugar and sugar is no good for you, I believe that you are aware of it. You can consult your doctor about this matter and he will probably tell you than in small amounts you can eat white rice but in my opinion integral rice is good as well.