Hello, I am 56 years old and I have just been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus type 1. This means that I will have to change my lifestyle drastically if I don’t want any complications from now on. And still it might not be enough. When can I expect blurred vision because of my condition?

Well, it is not certain that you will have that problem. Actually, all complications caused by diabetes are a result of increased sugar level and that means that the therapy was not good or that the patient was careless about the way f living (diets, exercises). It is not easy to live with this condition, but if you are strict and disciplined, a good quality of life might be maintained.

Hallo,
It is really hard to say when you will have problems with your vision if you have diabetes. The fact is that this disease can influence many aspects of your life and there for you will need to pay more attention to what you eat, drink and do. You have to understand that if you take your medication on time and you watch your diet precisely as doctor told you, you can live without any side effects for many years. But if you don’t follow the instructions from the doctor you will find yourself in lot of trouble. It is important to measure your blood sugar level regularly and if you notice any abnormalities you have to inform your doctor.