Hi! My 6 years old son is sucking the thumb. My husband and I tried everything to stop his habit. But, we didn’t have any success. Do you have some good tip for us? Thank you!

Hi! You must know that some children have a more difficult time than others giving up thumb-sucking. You can try using fingernail coating made for stopping thumb-sucking. It is most important to use positive reinforcement during this process.
You can place a bandage on the thumb so your child is aware when the thumb goes in his or her mouth. It tastes bad when the child places the thumb in the mouth.
If your child has any emotional problems, you may need to resolve that first before your child will succeed at stopping thumb-sucking.
If your child continues thumb-sucking, you should speak with pediatrician or dentist to learn about devices that can be tried to prevent thumb-sucking.