Hello, folks. My older son had problems with thumb sucking. We had troubles in eradicating this. On the other hand, we would like to prevent it in our younger son. I was hoping to find some advices relating to this matter. I would really appreciate if someone could give us some guidance.

Hello, there. You haven’t mentioned how old your kid is. I guess he is older since you are worried about this. Most kids stop thumb sucking when they turn first year of life. However, some continue doing this. Some experts think that this represents some psychological need. If the kid is older, then you can try talking to him. However, if it is younger, you should ask help from an expert. I hope you will succeed. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I must admit that I don’t quite understand your post. You would like to prevent thumb sucking with your younger son? Does this mean that he isn’t sucking his thumb and that you would like to prevent this? If he isn’t sucking, maybe he won’t suck at all. You can never tell. You should consult an expert. I am sure he will have few useful advices. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hi-
The best product I found out there was a poitive book and puppet on stopping thumb sucking. My kid loved it and was able to stop thumb sucking. Why punish kids with aparatuses when you can teach them in a positvie way. It is called Thumbuddy to Love and I bought it on amazon.com

i know how to prevent as my parents used it on me just get nail polish and but it on what ever finger it is and he stop