Hey.

Today my little dog saw the snow for the first time.

At the beginning he was scared because he is meeting something new. He was so careful when we went out, he was walking carefully, he didn’t run and he was surprised with this white thing :)

But after 10 minutes he started to run like crazy, he was happy :)

We were out like for two hours :) After two hours he was tired and it was a sing that we need to go home.

Well while he was walking a saw the blood in the snow.

We came home and I checked his paws immediately. I saw cut on his foot pad that cause paw bleeding.

I think that this is nothing serious but I want to know how to stop it.

Hello. I assume that it is nothing dangerous since he was playing and running all the time, without stopping just one second. Did you clean his wound? That is first what you need to do when you arrive at your home. You couldn’t see what hurts his paw. Maybe is something that could be infected. So clean the wound and press the wound slowly to stop the bleeding. Put some ice on it and put bandage on this wound. Press the bandage on his paw and bleeding should stop for a couple of minutes. But anyway you need to visit the vet as soon as you can.

Hey there.

It happened to my dog as well yesterday :) It is nothing serious especially when they are running on the snow :) It can happen more often now because we and they are not able to see what is under the snow.

It is very important to clean the wound and then you need to find the way to stop the bleeding.

Is this cut deeper or not?

You should give massage to your dog’s paw because it will relax him and it will promote better circulation. Rub the pads on the bottom of the paw and then rub between each toe.

His paw will stop bleeding and he will be thankful to you :)

Hey.

If his paw has a deep cut you will need to take your dog to the vet because you can’t give him a proper care. Also in this case your vet can prescribe antibiotics to your dog.

If the cut is smaller you should be able to deal with it alone.

First thing that you need to do is to clean the cut using some gentle and antiseptic solution. Once the cut is clean, apply some iodine to the wound.

It is very important that your dog doesn’t lick this. So, you need to put some bandage on it and press it pretty much hard.

This should stop the bleeding.

Hello good people.

Maybe I am a little bit in panic but I would not clean the wound of the dog alone, without some professional help. I would not do that because I don’t have idea what could cause this bleeding. Maybe it is something that is infected, maybe it is not - I can’t tell. My dog had this situation last summer because he was walking on the hot asphalt. I was sure that his paw was injured because of it but still I went to see the vet. He gave him the proper care. So my advice is – take him to the vet immediately.