What is the best way to quit smoking? Its time i kick the habit

I have known only 2 people to quit, they stayed away from other smokers as much as possible and just stopped!

imagine how much money you save and how easier your running will become! That should make a lot of people stop since 1. Economy sucks! and 2. Who wouldn't want to run better if its something we love to do!

It's not always easy to simply quit cold turkey. It's best to pick your smoking habit apart into little pieces that can be tackled individually.

The company I work for picked up a marketing campaign for the the Ad Council and the American Legacy Foundation called the "Become an Ex" plan. Once you begin you will start seeing how to quit smoking not as a huge war, but as a series of small, very winnable battles. Check out the link here for more info:

Become an Ex

Try the gum! It worked for me

The best way to quit smoking is do meditation which bring a control on your mind.Which help you a lot to come out of this habit.

Actually the best way to quit smoking is what works for you. Everyone is different and while the patches may work for one person, they might not necessarily work for another. If you fail at quitting using one treatment, then try another treatment and keep trying different treatments and techniques until you are successful. The important thing is to not give up trying to quit.

I quit when I turned 42 in 1982. I did not substitute anything for it as I felt that was just a way of getting what you wanted by some other method. I suppose you could call it cold turkey because '82 is when I stopped but there was more to it than that. I was a repairman who was in and out of peoples houses so I didn't smoke while working as I felt my customers wouldn't appreciate the smell. At some point I stopped smoking in my house because of the smell so the only time left was when I was out at the bar. I quit drinking in 1981 and that left me with nearly no time or excuse for smoking so I quit as my birthday present to myself in '82. The great desire for nicotine went away in about a week but the habit lingered. My right hand kept reaching into my shirt pocket and I felt like the guy in Dr. Strangelove who kept slapping his hand. That habit probably lasted close to a year while tapering off. I never made any effort to stay away from other smokers and I never resented them for doing it. I am not that ex-smoker who is every smokers worst nightmare in fact I kind of enjoy a whiff of cigarette smoke when it passes my way. There is always that nagging feeling that it's not the actual cause of everything it is blamed for. I see plenty of people my age and older who still suck on those things. Personally I feel you have to be predisposed to getting lung cancer before smoking triggers it.

The bes thing for the quit smoking is your will power and determination, otherwise you can not quit smoking. Any one who is interested in quite smoking he must join the stop smoking clinic.

Quit smoking is much helpful to every smoker and save's from many of the disease's and harmful effects of this one habit..... I think that in this way of quit the smoking a man will save his life along with his family as well.....

Some affective tips for quit smoking are
Group Support like Quitting Programs
Cold Turkey (Will Power)
Positive Reinforcement
Prescription Medication
Natural supplements
Diet and Exercise