Hello, my friends. My nephew has some bad mathematical skills. I really don’t know how to overcome this. I was hoping someone here will have some good advice for my sister and me. I would really appreciate any kind of piece of info that you could give us. Thank you for replying.

Hi, there. The primary is to find the cause for his bad mathematical skills. Of course, you cannot do this on your own. An expert must be consulted. Ask your nephew’s teacher if he can recommend one. Only after certain tests, the right cause can be determined. Overcoming this problem then will be easier. Please, let me know the results. I would really want to know them. Good luck! Bye!

Celebrity
I work in a school. I am with year1 children at the min. (6/7year olds)

Can you give some sort of examples of what he is struggling with an his age.

My daughter has the same problem, tho she has since graduated from High school. I am the same way, i can not add 2 and 2 unless i have a calculator. I hate math and so does she, this is part of the problem. If we hate something, we have a tendancy to not want to deal with it, but being in school, it is a necessary evil. He needs to get some math counseling, whether it be thru school or at home with a tutor. His parents need to speak with his math teacher in person and set up some kind of program that he should follow. Maybe a stay after school a few days a week with a math counselor or teacher. Discuss slowing his math procedures down a bit, discuss maybe a "special math program" if you will. He obviously needs extra help from teachers. They are supposed to willingly agree to support his disabilities with the extra help.