well i run track and field and im a junior in hs, im a sprinter, hurdler, long jumper and triple jumper. i started triple jump this year and i tried it out and i LOVE it. well 3 weeks ago i started jumping and felt a sharp pain in my leg when i jumped off my left foot. it was in my lower leg. so it started to swell a lil and i called the othropedic to get it checked out. so she said it might be a stress fracture but unsure. well that week 3 weeks ago my leg hurt..but during the 2 weeks i didnt feel no pain what so ever. it stopped. so i iced it a lil and the sweilling went down a lil as well. so i got my xray done and nothing showed up last week. so i got an mri 2 days later and they came back saying i have a stress fracture. but during those 2 weeks i triple jumped and ran. i stopped hurdling cuz that its pounding after pounding over 10 hurdles.
sooo..i told my othropedic that i have penn relays this week. i try out for them on tuesday and then thursday i go if i make it. she said i would get away with running this week but thats it and rest for 6-8 weeks. i have to wear a boot also when im not running. she told me not to practice at all just run when u have to this week. like i feel fine. like im not in pain i feel normal. my times have improved last week as well. i think its wrong that i have a stress fracture but she told me its a new injury and be careful. so this is my last week of track. thing is i have a track meet wed. and iwant to run the 200m 100m and triple jump. i could long jump cuz i jump off my right not my left. thing is idk wat to do to get my leg better for this week. like ice it more? i took a hot bath and soaked it too. i know rest is key but im running this week and its my last week and should i do triple for my last time? like i dont think anything would happen cuz its my last time doing it and im the best on the team. also my coach doesnt kno about my stress fracture but he knows that i have a leg injury and he knows im not practicing and im out till june 2nd. sooo i need adivice on wat would u do? and how could i get ready for my time trial on tuesday so i wont get more injured and make the team? also should i triple on wed? i think i should since i never been in pain really and nothing is really wrong with me but mri says there is. ugh i hate this so much but pleasee HELP!

Stress fractures often don't show on x-ray when they are new, but MRI doesn't generally lie :? . In one part of your post you say you felt sharp pain, in another you say you never had any pain so my guess is you're doing denial. Listen to your orthopod.