I had some pain in my foot this last week, and during our track meet that friday my foot was killing me after the 3200. So I went to a doctor and got an x-ray, and a stress fracture shows up. So he gives me this huge boot, and says I'll need to be in it all the time for about 4 weeks, then another 3-4 weeks without the boot but still no running. Our district track meet is tomorrow and I cant run. My season is over. I was really thinking I could score in state this season or maybe even place top 3 in the 16 or 32. So I'm really depressed right now. Doctor said that I could ride my bike without hurting my foot, but I dont know if its going to work in this huge boot.

sorry to hear that. :( stress fractures take a while to heal and they gotta heal completely! listen to the doctor on this one.

i'm sure you're frustrated; try to look ahead to your next season...maybe cross country in the fall?

do you know how/why the fracture happened?

Listen to the doctor on this! My wife had a stress fracture and ignored the doctor's advice (took the boot off too soon) and the thing stuck with her for nearly a year.

Be patient with it.

Another bit of advice. Be sure to stretch your back and hips 'cause the boot will offset your stride a bit (one side of your hip will be higher than the other).

Stress fractures suck big time. I've had a few myself over the last few years. Hopefully you can bike cuz it is really depressing to do nothing for a couple months. Sorry. :(

:toobad: So sorry. That stinks. :( But do what you need to so it can heal. I had a stress fracture in my foot 2 years ago and had to do the same thing.

Sorry about it ruining your season. I feel your pain. I broke my wrist at the beginning of my senior year of high school and missed most of my last season of volleyball. I was really upset, but I lived. :D

Hang in there!

Sorry man, that's one huge blow to your season right there. Your injury must have progressed to a serious stage, given that you have to wear a boot. Listen your doctor and don't run for the time being. Cross training activities such as swimming and biking would help with maintaining your fitness level. The injury will take at least 2-3 months to heal and you probably need the same amount time to build back up again. Be careful not to rush back into running too quickly otherwise you will risk reinjuring the area (the healed area will take sometime to harden) and/or injuring other areas that have been deconditioned during your break.

I've had a stress fracture on my right tibia 3 years ago and was out for 2 months. Fortunately it wasn't serious enough to require wearing a cast. It took another 3-4 months to slowly build back to where I was before the injury.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm sticking to doctor's orders. I rode my bike this morning for 20 miles and everything was fine, so I guess I'll continue with that. oh well, senior cross country season here i come! I hope I have enough time to build up a nice base this summer.