Hey folks,
I am really confused ad worried and I desperately need advice. I am 17, girl, healthy etc. I had sex with one boy… I heard later from a friend he has HPV virus. Is this virus dangerous/ lethal? Can it be transmitted through sexual intercourse?

Hello girl…
I am really sorry if this is true… Didn’t you use condoms?
However … HPV is a contraction for human papilloma viruses and HPV is a group of more than 70 different types of virus and different viruses are distinguised with numbers.
HPV is transmitted through sexual intercourse …sorry!
Some HPV are connected to genital warts, some are linked to cervical cancer. But this is very complicated virus and can be latent and can be “asleep” before it becomes active. In some cases HPV virus can be lethal (cancer) but in most cases it is not… Most HPV infections dissapear without treatment, I mean immune system fights the virus...
I think you should try talking to this boy and ask him if that is true … as I said HPV can be latent, so maybe even he doesn’t know he has one …on the other hand how can then your friend know sth this boy isn’t aware…
Good luck!

i just read these post and I to am sorry to read what I read but I just want to say to all out there that read this hpv. is bad news if u think u may have it or been with someone who has it don't wait around it is high transmitable through unsafe sex! you should always be checked by a dr. I have it Iam 41 years young I have gotten my paps every year sence I was 15 and all was good at age 31 i was told I had hpv. at the time was a level 1 i had cryo. done not a good feeling it freezes ur cervix. i still got checked every 6 months now in stead of once a year and the next time it got to level 2 had cryo again. the dr told me that when it gets to level 3 its cancer and level 4 is cancer on the move. i have been lucky sence then no sign of it. but its never a good thing to not take serious. no matter what....ALWAYS GET REG. CHECK UPS!!!!! i asked the dr how and when how was sex unsafe when he said could have been 10 years befor it was found. so please always get checked.
someone whom knows and cares!

just by reading this all, I am 19. The first time i have also done it I got hpv. We used a condom, you can still get it even if you don't, just by body parts touching it can be spread. I found out through my doctor from my pap test. I had to have a bunch of lab work done, having my cervix freezed, had to have been the worst feeling in the world. So far, I don't have warts or anything. Pray to god that I wont. But i am having peeing problems and i'm not sure if its from the hpv, or if its because i have sis's on my ovaries. It just feels like i have a uti, but the test results say i don't. its getting to the point where i don't want to drink anything at all. I just want to cry all the time, because this isn't my body. And to just think its just from having sex one time. And all this comes out of it. i never want to be with anyone else again. I don't know what to do. Its so hard to just get out of bed in the morning and face all this everyday. :'(