My girlfriend had HPV three times in two years. She was treated each time and believed that she was ok. How is it possible? I am begging to think that she has HPV permanently. Is HPV permanent? She is also worried that she may have cervical cancer.

HPV is not necessarily permanent, if she is a non-smoker and generally healthy, her body's immune system can fight the virus off within a period of 1-3 years. HPV in and of itself is not life threatening and Not all strains are connected with cervical cancer; only the high-risk. Like any cancer, cervical cancer can be prevented and beaten, if detected early enough, so a woman who stays on top of getting pap smears is generally not going to be at a high risk for cervical cancer.

Is displasia only caused from HPV or are there other causes?

New Member
I have had HPV for 25 years just won't go away. I quit smoking for 8 years and still have it. its like tiny leisions that you cant see with the naked eye. Why can't I beat this?