My girlfriend Has HPV...she found out when she went for a pap smear about a year ago...i wasn't with her at the time. So a few months ago after having unprotected sex....i notice that i have a single wart in the pubic hair region above my penis....She is trying to tell me that its impossible that she gave it to me because the HPV that she has is a different Strain and its not the strain that has warts.... She doesn't have anything visible on her...but i find it odd that it appeared on me and i know that she has the HPV virus....can anyone shine some light on the subject....is it possible that she gave this to me????

she very well could have. i am not sure who the carrier of the virus is (male or female)? i would research it a little bit. You yourself should go to the doctor to get yourself checked out. there is no need to point fingers. I know from experience

There is HPV that causes warts and HPV that causes cervical cancer. She was probably told my her Dr that she has HPV that causes cervical cancer. That strain does not cause warts.