I want know more about cervical HPV. I have abnormal pap. I heard that abnormal pap is caused by HPV? Please tell me something more.

Hi! Cervical-HPV is related to Dysplasic cells of the cervix. Dysplastic cells of the cervix are caused most commonly by the Human Papilloma Virus. Three of four women have an abnormal pap caused by the Human Papilloma Virus within their lifetime. Pap screening is important for early detection of dysplasia. Cervical-HPV is related to Dysplasic cells of the cervix, and a common treatment is a cone biopsy.

Your doctor should be able to answer any questions you may have. I was diagnosed with high-risk HPV and PCOS 3 years ago and both were foreign to my ears. High risk puts you more at risk ( go figure ) for cervical cancer- NOW they tell us. High risk HPV patients should be tested every 6 months to closely monitor any abnormal cells. After my first abnormal papsmear, I had a polcoscopy which determined what my doctor had though. I wish I had known about the risks of HPV earlier. I had unprotected sex ONCE, just once and that's all it takes. I'm very thankful that the word is getting out so more women can learn before it's too late. Protect yourself and any partners. Though the risks for men aren't as high for women, they can still get genital warts AND pass the virus on to future partners. Check out the links below- hopefully they can answer some questions if you haven't yet spoken to your doctor. Good Luck!

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use