Hi, I was diagnosed with HPV on cervix. I don’t know much about this viral disease, I know just that it’s transmitted sexually. Can you tell me is HPV dangerous or not?

Hi, same problem here! They found me HPV on cervix when I was on regular exam. This virus causes warts on genital area and on the cervix. They can also appear in anal area due to anal intercourse. Cervical HPV is probably most dangerous because it can cause cervical cancer. I don’t mean to frighten you, but you should be aware of the risk, and go regularly on exams. I do the same thing. Of course, everything depends on type of HPV that you have. There are over sixty types of this infection, and only few of then cause the cancer. Types 16, 18, 31, 33, and 35 are related to cervical cancer. Good luck!

I HAVE HPV, AND I WANNA KNOW IS IT DANGERROUS, I AM AT HIGH RISK OF HPV,,I READ SOMETHINGS ABOUT HPV, IT CAN BE TREATED BUT I ALSO HEARD IT CAN COME BACK,,I BEEN TESTED WITH HPV,AND IT CAN LEAD TO CERVICAL CANCER,,IF U HAD SEX LIKE 2 BEFORE YOU HAD YA PAP TEST,,WILL THAT MAKE IT ABNORMAL,CUZ I DID ,,,AND I THINK THATS WHY MY TEST CAME BACK ABNORMAL...PLEASE SOME HELP ME ,,I PRAY AND IM GOING TO KEEP PRAYING ,,GOD IS GOOD ,,,,BUT U HAVE TO BELIVE ,,,SO GOOD LUCK ,,,I HOEP I DONT HAVE IT ,,I KNOW GOD WILL HEAL ME ,,