Hello. I'm 18 year old female and I hope that someone could help me providing me some information about this specific condition.
Just recently I become sexually active and I couldn’t imagine that it will be this great. Of course, I must take care of my self and protection is something I have never forgotten about.
I have read a lot of stuff about several sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS, genital herpes and gonorrhea, but just recently I have read somewhere that some STD caused by human papilloma virus is also very common and serious. Does anybody know anything about this?

Hi. I was also interested to find out more about this virus and the condition it is causing. So, I have talked with my gynecologist about it and he explained me some things. HPV is transmitted sexually through intimate genital to genital contact, including vaginal or anal intercourse or only rarely through oral sex.
It is causing sexually transmitted disease called genital warts. Genital warts can develop on the cervix, penis, or in the vaginal or rectal area.
You probably know what is the main problem with these viral infections- treatment! Although there is no cure for HPV, there are several treatment methods for genital warts.
There is also one other threat! HPV is important because the abnormal tissue caused by some types of the virus can lead to cancer of the female organs.