Can you tell me how badly does HPV affect men? Will it shorten my lifespan? My girlfriend just found out that she has pre cancerous cells in her cervix, and that she believes it to be HPV. How this will affect my health?

First you have to check if you have HPV, in general, HPV will not shorten your lifespan if you're otherwise healthy and do not develop cancer. Most men who get genital HPV do not have any symptoms, but some types of HPV can cause genital warts. Certain types of HPV have been linked to cancer of the anus and penis in men, but they are rare. However, you should know that the types of HPV that can cause genital warts are not the same as the types that can cause penile or anal cancer.

Another complication from HPV in men is throat / mouth cancer, which happens when the virus is spread through oral sex (e.g., you perform oral sex on her). Be careful and get tested.