I need to know about huntington's chorea prognosis. Is it fatal? My mother is 54 years old and she has been diagnosed a week ago with huntington's disease. She got this diagnose after several examinations. Her motions are not under control, and it seems that she is changing moods very frequently. Is there any way I can help her? I could not believe when I heard that there is no cure.

Unfortunately, there is no cure. Doctors know the cause, mutation of gene on chromosome 4, but they cannot prevent it. It is hereditary illness and it progresses slowly, but prevails eventually. Loss of movement and motions control will only get worse, but that is not the worse thing. Her cognitive abilities will start fading away, making her completely helpless and dependant on other. I am sorry that I had to be the one telling you, but I assume that the doctor already told this, you just need to accept it.