My daughter was diagnosed with juvenile Huntington's chorea. Before this she was never ill. She didn't even have symptoms in the time when she was diagnosed. It was discovered by chance on regular check before school. Doctor told us that with progression of disease she won't be able to attend regularly school. Is that true and why is that happening?

Juvenile Huntington's chorea is a form of Huntington's disease. It is called juvenile because it affects population younger that 25 year of age. During the natural evolution of this disease, beside motor symptoms these people develop cognitive deficits. Best thing is that in juvenile onset of Huntington's cognitive status is slightly preserved.

Hi!
today my 8 yr old niece was diagnosed with JHD. Her dad is in late stages also. I am just trying to make some contact with anyone who can help us find some kind of help for children with this horrible disease. Not sure what else to say but I just felt like i needed to make contact with you.

Thanks, soooo much, Jessica
imluznit4 AT yahoo.com