Hello, I have to say at first that I am very worried. I am mother of two children, boy and a girl. Few months ago, I noticed something unusual in my daughter's movements. They were starting to get uncontrolled. After series of tests and diagnostic procedures, doctor said that he suspects of huntington and mentioned something about huntington's chorea gene involment. What was that?

Huntington's syndrome is synonym for a serious condition that is also hereditary. This disease attacks brain and nerves damaging basic motor functions – movements. Also, intellectual functions might be damaged. It is a rare case to see someone so young suffering from this disease, but, unfortunately, that happened to your daughter. As for gene, we are talking of the gene responsible for this disease, located on chromosome 4.